Nzioki wa Makau, Simon Trevor, Arne Glimcher and Ian Saunders talk about White Gold at MoMA Photo: Anne-Katrin Titze Christie Brinkley and Sigourney Weaver bring awareness Photo: Anne-Katrin Titze At the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, Sigourney Weaver introduced a post-screening discussion of White Gold between director Simon Trevor, producer Arne Glimcher, Tsavo Trust co-founder Ian Saunders, and the Honorable Justice of the High Court of Kenya Nzioki wa Makau on the impact poaching ivory has on the African elephant population and humanity as a whole.
Two days later, on November 14, 2013, a six-ton stockpile of seized ivory was crushed by the Us Fish and Wildlife Service in an effort to bring forth a worldwide trade ban in ivory.
White Gold is the first film produced by the African Environmental Film Foundation for international distribution. Jackie Chan replaces Hillary Rodham Clinton as the narrator for the Mandarin-speaking Chinese audiences. »
- Anne-Katrin Titze
Similar News ItemsSigourney Weaver
- The Next 'Alien' Movie Will Pretend 'Alien 3' and 'Alien Resurrection' Never Happened (From Movies.com. 26 February 2015, 6:20 PM, PST)
- Blomkamp's 'Alien' Movie Won't Rewrite Franchise Continuity (From MovieWeb. 26 February 2015, 4:07 PM, PST)
- Neill Blomkamp Says “I’m Not Trying To Undo ‘Alien 3’ & ‘Alien Resurrection’ " (From The Playlist. 26 February 2015, 3:59 PM, PST)
Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Outrage Watch: Ageist Madonna critics should be ashamed (From Hitfix. 26 February 2015, 2:41 PM, PST)
- Ted Cruz Gets Fiery About Hillary, Takes Questions from Hannity at Cpac (From Mediaite - TV. 26 February 2015, 11:25 AM, PST)
- Patricia Arquette and the Hollywood pay gap: who's to blame? (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 February 2015, 5:58 AM, PST)
Jackie Chan (I)
- China’s Booming Movie Biz Explodes at Box Office (From The Wrap. 26 February 2015, 7:02 PM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Dragon Blade’ (From Variety - Film News. 26 February 2015, 4:14 PM, PST)
- Jackie Chan Does It Again: Dragon Blade Dominates At Box Office (From AsianMoviePulse. 25 February 2015, 2:18 PM, PST)