Odd List Simon Brew 15 Nov 2013 - 07:08
Lots of films are dedicated to, or in memory of someone. But it's not always clear why. We've been finding out...
Back when Breaking Bad returned for its final batch of episodes in August 2013, it had a dedication at the end of it. The card read 'Dedicated to our friend Kevin Cordasco'. As it turned out, Kevin Cordasco was a 16-year old who had been battling cancer for seven years, who had met both Bryan Cranston and Vince Gilligan. Cordasco died before he could ever get to see the episode dedicated to him.
I found this such a moving story, that it got me wondering about the dedications that appear on films, and what the story behind them was. After all, the dedications are there for a reason. What I uncovered was some funny stories, mainly extremely sad ones, and some extremely moving dedications. »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Justice League Green Lantern Won't Be Hal Jordan or John Stewart? (From MovieWeb. 24 February 2017, 2:13 PM, PST)
- Tom Cruise’s Jack Reacher Jacket is up for auction for Help for Heroes (From HeyUGuys. 24 February 2017, 3:39 AM, PST)
- Oscars: "Night Before" Party Sets Star-Studded Host Committee, Hollywood Reporter Returns as Sponsor (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 23 February 2017, 1:29 PM, PST)
- Review: "Arrival" (2016) Starring Amy Adams And Jeremy Renner; Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Format (From CinemaRetro. 24 February 2017, 5:45 PM, PST)
- New Piranha Movie Happening, Concept Art Unveiled (From MovieWeb. 24 February 2017, 4:04 PM, PST)
- 9 Oscars Winners Who Don't Hold Up to the Test of Time (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 February 2017, 2:05 PM, PST)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Entire James Bond Team Wants Daniel Craig Back Says Naomie Harris (From MovieWeb. 24 February 2017, 12:50 PM, PST)
- A Batman Board Game is Something We Could All Get Behind (From TVovermind.com. 24 February 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 5 ways Warner Bros can fix the Dceu (From The Hollywood News. 24 February 2017, 12:59 AM, PST)