Only Universal is essaying a wide opening, with seasonal dramedy “The Best Man Holiday” bowing 15 years after Michael D. Lee’s “The Best Man” became a cult classic in the African-American community. The Uni sequel is expected to land in second place, somewhere in the high teens.
Disney-Marvel’s holdover “Thor: The Dark World” bowed to $86 million last weekend and should gross in the high $30 millions, with a weekend-to-weekend drop between 55%-60%.
Internationally, “The Dark World” is pushing $275 million in just two weeks; pic’s domestic cume stands at $105 million through Wednesday.
The holiday season at the movies essentially kickstarted with “Thor” as it should play through Thanksgiving and into December, though “Hunger Games” and Disney’s animated feature “Frozen »
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsThor: The Dark World (2013)
- Top Superhero movies inspired slot machines (From The Hollywood News. 19 September 2017, 3:15 AM, PDT)
- Suicide Squad’s Harley Quinn gets a new Hot Toys collectible figure (From Flickeringmyth. 13 September 2017, 4:24 AM, PDT)
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Deal Makes Patty Jenkins The Highest-Paid Female Director Ever (From The Playlist. 12 September 2017, 9:40 AM, PDT)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- Film Review: 'Battle of the Sexes' Parallels a Fight That’s Going on Today (From HollywoodChicago.com. 22 September 2017, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- Battle of the Sexes movie review: totally ace (From FlickFilosopher. 21 September 2017, 8:54 AM, PDT)
- ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Scribe Simon Beaufoy Signs With Wme (From Deadline. 18 September 2017, 10:09 AM, PDT)
Alexander Payne (I)
- Matt Damon to play a con man in Charlatan (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon to Receive BAFTA Britannia Award As He Enters Oscar Season With Two Bold, Divisive Roles (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 September 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon to Receive BAFTA Britannia Award As He Enters Oscar Season With Two Bold, Divisive Roles (From Indiewire. 20 September 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)