It’s not your imagination: Christmas comes earlier every year, and on TV at least, it stays longer.
Programmers are leveraging the marketing platform of the holidays like never before. Cable networks such as ABC Family, Hallmark Channel and Lifetime practically give themselves over to holiday-themed movies during the months of November and December, after revving up with Halloween fare just weeks before.
“Home for the Holidays,” “Help for the Holidays,” “Hitched for the Holidays,” “A Princess for Christmas,” “A Boyfriend for Christmas,” et al. — the stream of hokey telepic titles is endless, it seems, at this time of year.
NBC is looking to capitalize on the feel-good festive environment with its live broadcast of “The Sound of Music,” toplined by Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer, on Dec. 5. CBS has its share of holiday chestnuts that are perennial faves — and is perhaps looking to add to that this year with the Dec. »
- AJ Marechal
Similar News ItemsABC Family [us]
- 'How I Met Your Dad' casts 2; 'Astronaut Wives Club' adds Odette Annable (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 15 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Alum Bryce Johnson Joins ‘Supernatural: Bloodlines’ (From Variety - TV News. 15 March 2014, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' star Bryce Johnson cast in 'Supernatural' spin-off pilot (From EW.com - Inside TV. 14 March 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)
Sarah Jessica Parker
- Too Drab: What the Heck Are They Wearing?!? (From TooFab. 15 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Sarah Jessica Parker Loves "Melancholia" (From FilmExperience. 14 March 2014, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- What Does Kate Middleton Think of Cressida Bonas? (From Popsugar. 14 March 2014, 8:14 AM, PDT)
- Acm Awards poll: Does Taylor Swift help or hurt cause with 'For Your Consideration' video? (From Gold Derby. 14 March 2014, 5:38 AM, PDT)
- Acm Awards poll: Does Taylor Swift charm or harm with 'For Your Consideration' video? (From Gold Derby. 14 March 2014, 5:38 AM, PDT)
- 'The Voice' adviser Miranda Lambert 'totally pumped' for Carrie Underwood album duet (From Pop2it. 12 March 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)