Plot details are unknown, except that the film will be based on the doll franchise, popular with teen and tween girls, that centers on the perfectly imperfect teenage children of the world’s most famous monsters.
Universal’s VP of production Maradith Frenkel and creative executive Chloe Yellin will oversee the project for the studio.
See Also: Mattel’s Bold Plan to Take Control Back From Hollywood
Schwartz, Savage and the studio already have a good relationship. They recently worked together on the romantic drama “Endless Love,” which bows Valentines Day weekend.
Schwartz and Savage are repped by Wme attorney Joel McKuin, »
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Venice Film Review: ‘La La Land’ (From Variety - Film News. 31 August 2016, 1:45 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Radcliffe Wanted for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Movie (From MovieWeb. 30 August 2016, 7:22 PM, PDT)
- Clint Eastwood’s Sully gets two new TV spots (From Flickeringmyth. 30 August 2016, 6:30 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- ‘The Great Wall’: Why The Matt Damon Whitewashing Is No Big Deal In China (From Indiewire. 30 August 2016, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Extended TV spot for horror prequel Ouija: Origin of Evil (From Flickeringmyth. 30 August 2016, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Check Out Kevin Hart In The New Trailer For Kevin Hart: What Now? (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2016, 8:47 PM, PDT)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)
- ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Trailer: Mel Gibson’s WWII Drama Stars Andrew Garfield As A Conscientious Objector On The Front Lines (From Indiewire. 28 July 2016, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn: D.J. Cotrona Is TV's New George Clooney (From CultureCatch. 6 July 2016, 6:59 PM, PDT)
- New Suit Details for Batman in 'Justice League' (From LatinoReview. 28 June 2016, 10:06 AM, PDT)