According to a report from TMZ.com, Brown was in the Macy's department store at Herald Square in New York in June. He was shopping at the location for a watch he intended to give his mother as a graduation present, spending $1300 on a Movado model. After that, the actor was browsing for sunglasses when he was approached by three men.
Brown believes that the white men were NYPD officers. They "publicly and falsely" accused the actor of credit card fraud before cuffing him and walking Brown through the store "like an already convicted common criminal."
After an hour in a holding cell (it's not clear whether this was at the store or at a police station), the »
Similar News Items"Treme" (2010)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Michiel Huisman Joining Natalie Dormer, Teresa Palmer in Two Thrillers (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 23 January 2015, 8:56 PM, PST)
- First teaser and images for The Returned starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead (From Flickeringmyth. 17 January 2015, 12:57 AM, PST)
- Paul Thomas Anderson defends superhero movies, thinks they “get a bad rap” (From Flickeringmyth. 16 January 2015, 10:23 AM, PST)
Rob Brown (VI)
- StreamFix: 'Arrow,' Chelsea Handler, and 15 more essential streams on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and Crackle (From Hitfix. 8 October 2014, 4:08 PM, PDT)
- Matthew Shipp, State-of-the-Art Jazz Pianist (From CultureCatch. 3 October 2014, 10:44 PM, PDT)
- 'Treme' Star Rob Brown -- Settles Racial Profiling Suit with Macy's (From TMZ. 17 July 2014, 5:35 AM, PDT)