According to a report from TMZ.com, Brown was in the Macy's department store at Herald Square in New York in June. He was shopping at the location for a watch he intended to give his mother as a graduation present, spending $1300 on a Movado model. After that, the actor was browsing for sunglasses when he was approached by three men.
Brown believes that the white men were NYPD officers. They "publicly and falsely" accused the actor of credit card fraud before cuffing him and walking Brown through the store "like an already convicted common criminal."
After an hour in a holding cell (it's not clear whether this was at the store or at a police station), the »
Similar News Items"Treme" (2010)
- Lauren Graham Lands Odd Couple Gig as Matthew Perry's Ex-Wife (From TVLine.com. 24 October 2014, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- Lauren Graham Joining Ex-Boyfriend Matthew Perry In 'The Odd Couple' (From Uinterview. 23 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Baz Luhrmann’s Glitzy Chanel No. 5 Ad Starring Gisele Bundchen (From Slash Film. 17 October 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
Rob Brown (VI)
- StreamFix: 'Arrow,' Chelsea Handler, and 15 more essential streams on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and Crackle (From Hitfix. 8 October 2014, 4:08 PM, PDT)
- Matthew Shipp, State-of-the-Art Jazz Pianist (From CultureCatch. 3 October 2014, 10:44 PM, PDT)
- 'Treme' Star Rob Brown -- Settles Racial Profiling Suit with Macy's (From TMZ. 17 July 2014, 5:35 AM, PDT)