The MPAA has had a change of heart, and we have James Bond to thank.
The Motion Picture Association of American originally gave the new Stephen Frears-directed film Philomena, starring Judi Dench and Steve Coogan, an R rating because more than one “harsher, sexually-derived word” was used as an expletive in the film. The Weinstein Company, which produced the film, argued the rating should be changed to PG-13 based on the subject matter and context.
“We felt the MPAA had made the wrong decision in handing the film, which has no violence or lewd material and the bare minimum of adult language, »
- Jake Perlman
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- How 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Is Building a Bigger, Better James Bond (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 September 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Reportedly Wants Denis Villeneuve To Direct Next James Bond (From The Playlist. 22 September 2017, 6:23 AM, PDT)
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle review – spy sequel reaches new heights of skyscraping silliness (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 September 2017, 6:04 PM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Daniel Craig reportedly wants Denis Villeneuve to direct Bond 25 (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 1:44 AM, PDT)
- Visualising Voyeur by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 21 September 2017, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- Annette Bening to Get BAFTA Career Retrospective (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 September 2017, 3:06 AM, PDT)
- The Surprising Stats of British Cinema (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Takes James Corden Inside the Red Room on ‘The Late Late Show’ — Watch (From Indiewire Television. 23 September 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Takes James Corden Inside the Red Room on ‘The Late Late Show’ — Watch (From Indiewire. 23 September 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)