The MPAA has had a change of heart, and we have James Bond to thank.
The Motion Picture Association of American originally gave the new Stephen Frears-directed film Philomena, starring Judi Dench and Steve Coogan, an R rating because more than one “harsher, sexually-derived word” was used as an expletive in the film. The Weinstein Company, which produced the film, argued the rating should be changed to PG-13 based on the subject matter and context.
“We felt the MPAA had made the wrong decision in handing the film, which has no violence or lewd material and the bare minimum of adult language, »
- Jake Perlman
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- The Whole Truth Review (From We Got This Covered. 21 October 2016, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- [Review] The Whole Truth (From The Film Stage. 21 October 2016, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars: Rogue One Deleted Scene Details, Cut Cameo Revealed (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2016, 11:28 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- It sounds like Daniel Craig has changed his mind about returning as James Bond (From HeyUGuys. 10 October 2016, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Walks Back James Bond Comments: “I Would Miss It Terribly” (From We Got This Covered. 10 October 2016, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Is Reconsidering Returning to James Bond (From MovieWeb. 9 October 2016, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- Josh Gad boards Murder on the Orient Express (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2016, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Josh Gad Climbs Aboard Murder On The Orient Express Remake (From We Got This Covered. 21 October 2016, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Josh Gad hops aboard Murder On The Orient Express (From The AV Club. 20 October 2016, 8:02 PM, PDT)