Lifetime is expanding its fashion empire.
The female-skewing cable network has picked up Under the Gunn, a new fashion competition series hosted by Emmy winner Tim Gunn.
The series, which will premiere Jan. 16 at 9 p.m., will feature Project Runway alums Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee and Nick Verreos mentoring and managing a fashion empire with 15 up-and-coming designers. Each of the three mentors will have a team of designers to manage, coach, cheerlead and nurture with tough love.
Under the Gunn hails from The Weinstein Co., Bunim/Murray Productions and the producers behind Emmy-nominated Project Runway. TWC's Bob and Harvey Weinstein, Meryl Poster and Barbara Schneeweiss will executive produce alongside Bunim/Murray's Jonathan Murray, »
- Lesley Goldberg
Similar News ItemsNick Verreos
- Every Season of 'Project Runway,' Ranked From Worst to Best (From Moviefone. 4 November 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Contemporary Costumes from ‘Mindy Project,’ ‘Gotham’ Feted by Fidm, TV Academy (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Film Fashions on Display at Fidm in Downtown L.A. (From Variety - Film News. 12 February 2014, 11:40 AM, PST)
"Project Runway" (2004)
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: February 8-14 (From Moviefone. 8 February 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Project Runway Junior's First-Ever Winner Is... (From E! Online. 4 February 2016, 7:57 PM, PST)
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 5 (From BuddyTV. 4 February 2016, 12:45 PM, PST)
- Former Costars Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro Have a Sweet Reunion at an NYC Gala (From Popsugar. 10 February 2016, 9:04 PM, PST)
- Michael Moore on Death Threats, His New Doc and America's Future (From Rolling Stone. 10 February 2016, 8:42 AM, PST)
- AmDocs to Honor Joe Berlinger With Special Award and Retrospective (From Indiewire. 8 February 2016, 2:24 PM, PST)