Lifetime is expanding its fashion empire.
The female-skewing cable network has picked up Under the Gunn, a new fashion competition series hosted by Emmy winner Tim Gunn.
The series, which will premiere Jan. 16 at 9 p.m., will feature Project Runway alums Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee and Nick Verreos mentoring and managing a fashion empire with 15 up-and-coming designers. Each of the three mentors will have a team of designers to manage, coach, cheerlead and nurture with tough love.
Under the Gunn hails from The Weinstein Co., Bunim/Murray Productions and the producers behind Emmy-nominated Project Runway. TWC's Bob and Harvey Weinstein, Meryl Poster and Barbara Schneeweiss will executive produce alongside Bunim/Murray's Jonathan Murray, »
- Lesley Goldberg
Similar News ItemsNick Verreos
- Every Season of 'Project Runway,' Ranked From Worst to Best (From Moviefone. 4 November 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Contemporary Costumes from ‘Mindy Project,’ ‘Gotham’ Feted by Fidm, TV Academy (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Film Fashions on Display at Fidm in Downtown L.A. (From Variety - Film News. 12 February 2014, 11:40 AM, PST)
"Project Runway" (2004)
- Family Matters Stars Reunite in New Lifetime Christmas Movie — See Photo (From TVLine.com. 30 November 2015, 11:18 AM, PST)
- Rachel Zoe, ‘Project Runway Junior’ Lead the Fashion TV Charge (From Variety - TV News. 19 November 2015, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Nigel Lythgoe Choreographer Competition Series Set to Bow on Go90 (From Variety - TV News. 18 November 2015, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Filming Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight in 70Mm (From Filmonic. 30 November 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Golden Globes: Voting Track Record Busts Some Old Myths (From Variety - Film News. 25 November 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Fantastic Four reboot gets the Honest Trailer treatment (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 5:20 AM, PST)