Designers, Tim Gunn has news for you.
The often imitated but never replicated mentor on “Project Runway” has received his own fashion competition titled “Under the Gunn.” Show will air on Lifetime, the same net that boasts “Runway.”
Series will bring “Runway” alums Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee and Nick Verreos on board as mentors to teams of designers that battle it out in a series of fashion competitions. The panel of critics lining the judges’ table on “Under the Gunn” include designer Rachel Roy, celeb stylist Jen Rade and Marie Claire’s senior fashion editor Zanna Roberts Rassi.
Lifetime will debut the 13-episode first run on Jan. 16.
“Under the Gunn” is produced by The Weinstein Company and Bunim-Murray Prods. Executive producers include Bob and Harvey Weinstein (Co-Chairmen of The Weinstein Company), Meryl Poster and Barbara Schneeweiss of The Weinstein Company, Jonathan Murray, Sara Rea and Teri Weidman of Bunim-Murray Productions and Gunn. »
- AJ Marechal
Similar News ItemsNick Verreos
- Every Season of 'Project Runway,' Ranked From Worst to Best (From Moviefone. 4 November 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Contemporary Costumes from ‘Mindy Project,’ ‘Gotham’ Feted by Fidm, TV Academy (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Film Fashions on Display at Fidm in Downtown L.A. (From Variety - Film News. 12 February 2014, 11:40 AM, PST)
"Project Runway" (2004)
- Rachel Zoe, ‘Project Runway Junior’ Lead the Fashion TV Charge (From Variety - TV News. 19 November 2015, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Nigel Lythgoe Choreographer Competition Series Set to Bow on Go90 (From Variety - TV News. 18 November 2015, 12:00 PM, PST)
- ‘Project Runway Junior’: Tim Gunn on Making Spinoff Series Work (From Variety - TV News. 12 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Golden Globes: Voting Track Record Busts Some Old Myths (From Variety - Film News. 25 November 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Fantastic Four reboot gets the Honest Trailer treatment (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 5:20 AM, PST)
- The Weinstein Company To Acquire And Release Fewer Movies, Focus On TV (From The Playlist. 24 November 2015, 1:15 PM, PST)