The director of Brad Pitt's latest movie has offered his "heartfelt apologies" for filming battle scenes on Remembrance Sunday with extras wearing Nazi uniforms.
Scenes involving tanks and soldiers in Nazi uniforms were filmed until 2.30am on the makeshift battlefield in Shirburn, Oxfordshire, where the Hollywood blockbuster is being shot.
"My heartfelt apologies for any disrespect on Remembrance Day. I am a veteran myself. It is an honour to film here in the UK," said Ayer in a message on Twitter. He complained that "the story has been a tad exaggerated" and said they halted filming at 2am on Sunday.
Sony Pictures, the producer »
- Josh Halliday
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- How Netflix’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’ Could Change the Movie Business (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 9 Wes Craven Movies You Must See (From MovieWeb. 31 August 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Hulk Hogan Breaks Down About His Racist Remarks (From Popsugar. 31 August 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Is Shia Labeouf Dating Riley Keough's Bff? Actor Seen Holding Hands With Sasha Lane After Mia Goth Fight (From E! Online. 31 August 2015, 4:41 PM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf splits from Mia Goth? (From National Ledger. 31 August 2015, 12:32 AM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf Holds Hands With New Girlfriend Sasha Lane: Photo (From Us Weekly. 30 August 2015, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- Batman And The Joker’s Stunt Doubles Hit Toronto In All-New Suicide Squad Photos (From We Got This Covered. 1 September 2015, 12:36 PM, PDT)
- Batman, The Joker and Harley Quinn featured in Suicide Squad set video (From Flickeringmyth. 1 September 2015, 11:57 AM, PDT)
- New Zod, "Squad" & "Wonder Woman" Talk (From Dark Horizons. 1 September 2015, 10:28 AM, PDT)