The director of Brad Pitt's latest movie has offered his "heartfelt apologies" for filming battle scenes on Remembrance Sunday with extras wearing Nazi uniforms.
Scenes involving tanks and soldiers in Nazi uniforms were filmed until 2.30am on the makeshift battlefield in Shirburn, Oxfordshire, where the Hollywood blockbuster is being shot.
"My heartfelt apologies for any disrespect on Remembrance Day. I am a veteran myself. It is an honour to film here in the UK," said Ayer in a message on Twitter. He complained that "the story has been a tad exaggerated" and said they halted filming at 2am on Sunday.
Sony Pictures, the producer »
- Josh Halliday
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Angelina Jolie "Was a Bit Nutso" Last Year, Would "Scream at the Bushes" and Scare Her Kids (From E! Online. 17 March 2014, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – March 17th 2014 (From HeyUGuys. 17 March 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 8 movie classics that were box office flops: From Blade Runner to Brazil (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 15 March 2014, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Did you hear there was an earthquake in Los Angeles? Twitter did! (From EW.com - PopWatch. 17 March 2014, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- How to fix Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (From SoundOnSight. 16 March 2014, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- James Franco, Jimmy Fallon Compare Publishing Credentials on ‘The Tonight Show’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 15 March 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
Jason Isaacs (I)
- Lifetime Planning More Vc Andrews Movies and a Death in the “Teen Wolf” Pack (From The Backlot. 17 March 2014, 4:36 AM, PDT)
- Rosemary’S Baby – TV Mini-Series Remake First Photos (From GeekTyrant. 15 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Anne Heche joins Jason Isaacs in USA's 'Dig' miniseries (From EW.com - Inside TV. 14 March 2014, 10:43 AM, PDT)