The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today that acclaimed filmmaker Peter Jackson, visual effects artist Joe Letteri and Weta Digital will receive the Producers Guild’s 2014 Vanguard Award. The award will be presented to Jackson, Letteri and Weta Digital at the 25th Annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony on Sunday, January 19th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.
Jackson and Letteri‘s Academy Award-winning visual effects powerhouse Weta Digital is a world leader in all areas of digital visual effects production, having created some of the most astounding effects ever seen onscreen. Their motion picture credits include such hits as The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Avatar and King Kong, among many others.
The Producers Guild’s Vanguard Award recognizes achievements in new media and technology. Previous recipients include James Cameron, Stan Lee, George Lucas, John Lasseter, YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen, »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Spielberg and Tony Kushner Board Project They’ll Maybe Get To One Day (From LatinoReview. 18 April 2014, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Robopocalypse’ May Be Moving Forward Again (From Screen Rant. 18 April 2014, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: 'Boyhood' Images; Steven Spielberg's New Religious Movie; Clint Eastwood's 'Jersey Boys' Trailer (From Movies.com. 18 April 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Joss Whedon Supernatural Romance ‘In Your Eyes’ – Watch the Opening Scene (From Screen Rant. 18 April 2014, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- The Amazing Spider-Man producers rule out Avengers crossover until “we’ve run out of ideas” (From Flickeringmyth. 18 April 2014, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Cool Stuff: Marvel Portraits By Mike Mitchell At Mondo Gallery (From Slash Film. 18 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Another Head in Ongoing Career Shakeup (From TheImproper.com. 18 April 2014, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- Stephen Lang Joins Wgn America’s ‘Salem’ (From Deadline TV. 17 April 2014, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- This Is What James Cameron's The Abyss Set Looks Like 20 Years Later (From Cinema Blend. 16 April 2014, 10:26 PM, PDT)