The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today that acclaimed filmmaker Peter Jackson, visual effects artist Joe Letteri and Weta Digital will receive the Producers Guild’s 2014 Vanguard Award. The award will be presented to Jackson, Letteri and Weta Digital at the 25th Annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony on Sunday, January 19th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.
Jackson and Letteri‘s Academy Award-winning visual effects powerhouse Weta Digital is a world leader in all areas of digital visual effects production, having created some of the most astounding effects ever seen onscreen. Their motion picture credits include such hits as The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Avatar and King Kong, among many others.
The Producers Guild’s Vanguard Award recognizes achievements in new media and technology. Previous recipients include James Cameron, Stan Lee, George Lucas, John Lasseter, YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen, »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Universal Pictures 2015 Films Preview Includes First Photo From Ted 2, Sisters (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 December 2014, 5:17 PM, PST)
- Full Disclosure 2014 The Directors Cut - Steven Spielberg (From Twitch. 28 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- "Blue Is The Warmest Color" - Nsfw (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 9:10 PM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- 'Agent Maria Hill' Covers "Maxim" (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:16 PM, PST)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - Official Website (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:42 AM, PST)
- ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ Review: Colin Firth Rocks Suits, Stunts, and ‘Splosions (From The Wrap. 27 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
James Cameron (I)
- More Images From "Terminator: Genisys" (From SneakPeek. 25 December 2014, 6:07 AM, PST)
- Weta's Letteri On "Avatar" Sequel Ambitions (From Dark Horizons. 24 December 2014, 4:23 AM, PST)
- Visual Effects Guru Weta Digital Says Avatar Sequels Stand As The “Most Ambitious” Projects They’ve Worked On (From We Got This Covered. 23 December 2014, 10:33 AM, PST)