CBS’ 60 Minutes apologized on Sunday’s broadcast for a flawed story on the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, and for the discredited source who claimed to have been at the scene.
During brief remarks at the end of the hour correspondent Lara Logan said 60 Minutes was misled and made a mistake in its reporting.
Logan is the correspondent responsible for the Oct. 27 story. She had interviewed former security contractor Dylan Davies, who claimed he took part in fighting at the mission. But Davies’ account unraveled last week, forcing CBS News on Friday to admit its error in running the story. »
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsCBS News [us]
- Fox News’ Keith Ablow Is Reckless ‘Gun Ideologue’ for Holocaust Comments, Says Historian (From The Wrap. 12 October 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- 'Truth' Director James Vanderbilt on Why Cate Blanchett Was the Key to His Searing Debut (From Indiewire. 9 October 2015, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Mary Mapes, Dan Rather Join Stars Cate Blanchett, Robert Redford at ‘Truth’ Screening (From Variety - Film News. 8 October 2015, 6:21 AM, PDT)
Lara Logan (II)
- 60 Minutes: 2015-16 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 5 October 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- CBS News Senior VP of Communications Sonya McNair to Exit for ‘Personal Reasons’ (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 5 October 2015, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- [Tiff Review] Thank You For Bombing (From The Film Stage. 24 September 2015, 7:13 AM, PDT)