The big news this week, that you have no doubt heard by now, is that Netflix has partnered up with Marvel Studios to bring us no less than four exclusive series’ based on their characters in 2015. Those characters are Daredevil (which I always thought would work better on TV), Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
Now, Iron Fist was in development for years as a film so they have a head start but I would have liked to have seen Luke Cage on the big screen and I am only vaguely familiar with Jessica Jones. The intention is that each of them will have their own 13 episode run before teaming up in a Defenders mini-series.
So what does this mean for Netflix? This is an epic win basically and means that regardless of exclusives or new content over the next year, they are going to remain in the game »
- Chris Holt
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- 'To Tell The Truth' is Coming Back: 5 Classic Liar Clips (From Hitfix. 29 July 2014, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Playing with a Water Gun Is the New Leonardo DiCaprio Walking Down the Street Meme (From PEOPLE.com. 29 July 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Jared Leto Knows How to Vacation Like a Rock Star (From Popsugar. 29 July 2014, 12:25 PM, PDT)
Ryan Reynolds (I)
- "Deadpool" Leaked Movie Footage (From SneakPeek. 29 July 2014, 6:40 PM, PDT)
- Update: 'Deadpool' Test Footage Officially Released (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Update: Cool test footage for Tim Miller's Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds (From JoBlo. 29 July 2014, 1:22 PM, PDT)
Robert De Niro
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable (From Vulture. 29 July 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Interview with Liam Gillick about Exhibition (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 28 July 2014, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- EW's Brave New Warriors Comic-Con panel: Stars share the complications of playing leading men (From EW.com - PopWatch. 25 July 2014, 2:54 PM, PDT)