Filmland Intl. and Witness Protection Films have formed a Brazilian-American co-production venture that will finance up to four films per year and tap into Brazilian and international talent pools.
The venture, unveiled at the American Film Market, is kicking off with horror-thriller “When the Night Comes,” directed by Paul Chart (“American Perfekt”) from a script by Marcos Katudjian. Lensing is scheduled to start in February.
Sierra/Affinity will handle international sales for the venture’s films.
Witness Protection is a genre label from Cary Granat and Ed Jones. Granat’s resume includes stints as CEO of Walden Media and president of Miramax/Dimension, where he worked on the “Scream” franchise; Jones is a veteran in the specia- effects field with contributions to more than 90 films including “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back,” “Et: The Extra Terrestrial,” “Star Wars: Return of the Jedi,” “Ghost,” and the “Indiana Jones” trilogy.
Filmland is »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsScream (1996)
- Dwayne Johnson’s Skyscraper Adds Neve Campbell To The Cast (From Screen Rant. 22 June 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Horror Highlights: The Terminator Board Game, Camera Obscura Vinyl Soundtrack Contest, Scream Factory’s 5th Anniversary, Rift (From DailyDead. 13 June 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Wes Craven’s Summer Of Fear (1978) Coming to Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD from Doppelgänger Releasing (From DailyDead. 2 June 2017, 1:16 PM, PDT)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Why Movies Need Directors Like Phil Lord and Chris Miller More Than Ever (From Variety - Film News. 21 June 2017, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- More Names Emerge As Possible Replacement Directors For The Han Solo Movie (From We Got This Covered. 21 June 2017, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Lego Figures For Star Wars: The Last Jedi Offer Another Peek At Rose And A Stormtrooper Pilot (From We Got This Covered. 21 June 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi To End On A Cliffhanger Similar To The Empire Strikes Back (From We Got This Covered. 21 June 2017, 6:23 PM, PDT)
- Who Will Replace Han Solo Directors: Howard, Kasdan or Johnson? (From MovieWeb. 21 June 2017, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- Will Star Wars 8 Ending Rip-Off Empire Strikes Back Cliffhanger? (From MovieWeb. 21 June 2017, 4:22 PM, PDT)