"La Ink" star Kat Von D didn't choose the most tactful names for the lipstick line she is selling at Sephora. Painted Love lipsticks feature names like "Underage Red" and "Backstage Bambi," but parents think that one of the names goes one step too far.
The lipstick "Celebutard" has been pulled from Sephora shelves after parents with developmental issues lashed out at the company and Von D for selling it in the first place. "People with disabilities are the last to benefit from what some might call 'political correctness,' and what I would call basic human decency," Age of Autism managing editor Kim Stagliano writes on HuffPost Style, via People.
Von D isn't feeling so contrite. Though she has since deleted the tweet, the tattoo artist reportedly wrote, "At the end of the day, it's just a f***ing lipstick." Sephora issued a more sincere apology.
"It has come »
Similar News ItemsKatherine von Drachenberg
- TMZ Live: 'Shahs of Sunset' Star -- Has She Been Photoshoppin'? (From TMZ. 20 June 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Kat Von D -- Obsessed Fan Found, Not Arrested for 'Columbine' Threat (From TMZ. 19 June 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- TMZ Live: JLo & Marc Anthony: Our Kids Legally Can't Be Fame Whores! (From TMZ. 19 June 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
"LA Ink" (2007)
- Exclusive Portrait: Tattoo Artist Kat Von D, Formerly of ‘La Ink’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 17 February 2014, 3:14 PM, PST)
- Original Media Taps Daniel Laikind As New CEO (From Deadline TV. 23 January 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Daniel Laikind to Lead Original Media as CEO (From Variety - TV News. 23 January 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)