"La Ink" star Kat Von D didn't choose the most tactful names for the lipstick line she is selling at Sephora. Painted Love lipsticks feature names like "Underage Red" and "Backstage Bambi," but parents think that one of the names goes one step too far.
The lipstick "Celebutard" has been pulled from Sephora shelves after parents with developmental issues lashed out at the company and Von D for selling it in the first place. "People with disabilities are the last to benefit from what some might call 'political correctness,' and what I would call basic human decency," Age of Autism managing editor Kim Stagliano writes on HuffPost Style, via People.
Von D isn't feeling so contrite. Though she has since deleted the tweet, the tattoo artist reportedly wrote, "At the end of the day, it's just a f***ing lipstick." Sephora issued a more sincere apology.
"It has come »
Similar News ItemsKatherine von Drachenberg
- Wedding Week: We Tried It: Setting Sprays To Make Your Makeup Last On Your Wedding Day (From PEOPLE.com. 18 April 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Kendall Jenner's Mermaid Eyeliner Will Upgrade Any Boring Look (From E! Online. 6 April 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Gift Guide 2016: How to Stuff the Perfect Stocking (From PEOPLE.com. 16 December 2016, 3:08 PM, PST)
"LA Ink" (2007)
- Kat Von D Won't Drop Lipstick from Her Line, Speaks Out About Controversy: "This Is Not An Apology" (From E! Online. 19 March 2015, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- Yikes! Kat Von D Is Probably Going to Have to Pull Another Inappropriately Named Lipstick Off the Shelves (From E! Online. 16 March 2015, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- TLC cancels 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' because Mama June is allegedly dating a child molester (From Hitfix. 24 October 2014, 6:36 AM, PDT)