Renee Zellweger reportedly gave a quote to the U.K's Daily Express regarding the criticism surrounding her weight.
Upon reports that the 44-year-old actress struggles with an eating disorder, she told the publication, "When you read reports that you are starving yourself or that you are anorexic it's very unfair and disappointing. It's not very pleasant to read reports which say you've gone too far or this or that."
Related Pics: Actors' Body Transformations For Roles
Zellweger credits her small frame to working out, saying, "I have a lifestyle that involves keeping my sanity by going to the gym."
Upon landing her famous role in Bridget Jones' Diary in 2001, the actress gained 30 pounds for the part, only to slim back down dramatically once the film(s) were complete. »
Similar News ItemsRenée Zellweger
- Harry: Premieres in September; Connick Jr's First Guest Is Sandra Bullock (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 August 2016, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- Sandra Bullock, Renee Zellweger Among ‘Harry’s Premiere Week Guests (From Deadline TV. 22 August 2016, 8:46 AM, PDT)
- Patrick Dempsey Accidentally Talks About Erections On TV Morning Show (From ET Canada. 22 August 2016, 7:39 AM, PDT)
Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)
- Renee Zellweger On If ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ ‘Slut Shamed’ Pregnant Woman: ‘I Didn’t Think Of It That Way’ (From ET Canada. 22 August 2016, 8:37 PM, PDT)
- Renee Zellweger And Patrick Dempsey Promote ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ In Sydney (From Uinterview. 22 August 2016, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn Season 3 Premiere Episode to Debut 2 Weeks Early for Free on Digital HD (From DailyDead. 22 August 2016, 9:38 AM, PDT)