Clay Aiken and Taylor Hicks show up as judges on a talent competition on Wednesday's (Nov. 6) "Law & Order: Svu." The fake "American Diva" bears an uncanny resemblance to "American Idol," where the two singers got their big breaks.
The episode has them (along with R&B singer Ashanti) behind the judges' desk. Carly Rose Sonenclar, runner-up on Season 2 of "The X Factor," takes the stage. She's so nervous, she's initially inaudible, but quickly finds her terrific voice.
As she's wowing the audience, which was a theater full of extras at Manhattan's Hudson Theatre last month, the action breaks to the detectives going about their lives, all tuning into the singing contest. Detective Amaro (Danny Pino) and his daughter watch at a diner. Rollins (Kelli Giddish) and Tutuola (Ice-t) watch while eating take-out Chinese food, and Benson (Mariska Hargitay) has the show on at home, while on the phone.
It's a sweet, »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 5/5/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 5 May 2015, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- Upfronts: TV Advertisers Demand Changes to the Status Quo (From Variety - TV News. 5 May 2015, 10:14 AM, PDT)
- Transgender Hollywood: Will Bruce Jenner Change the Industry? (From Variety - Film News. 5 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2011)
- Britain's Got Talent beats EastEnders to become the biggest show of 2015 so far (From Digital Spy - TV news. 5 May 2015, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent's Misstasia on X Factor tweet storm: 'It was a shock' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 5 May 2015, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- Towie's Jasmin Walia is taking a break from the reality series (From Digital Spy - TV news. 5 May 2015, 5:42 AM, PDT)
Bill Clinton (I)
- LL Cool J Reveals Dream ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Contestants (Video) (From The Wrap. 1 May 2015, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Newell: Look! Up In The Sky! (From Comicmix. 27 April 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- NY Times: Hillary Clinton Approved Russian Uranium Deal After $2 Million Donation to Clinton Foundation (From The Wrap. 23 April 2015, 6:33 AM, PDT)