Lionsgate is aiming to bring Jigsaw back from the grave for yet another deadly game, with the studio actively developing Saw VIII. The last entry in the franchise, Saw 3D, hit theaters in October 2010.
The studio is currently seeking a new direction for the horror soap opera, which essentially paved the way for micro-budget thrillers such as Paranormal Activity and The Purge. There was speculation that Lionsgate wanted to reboot the entire concept, although insiders claim the studio wants to simply continue Jigsaw's story with yet another true sequel.
Lionsgate is reportedly in no rush to bring Jigsaw back to theaters, taking its time in seeking a new direction for the profitable horror series. It isn't known if they plan to make this next project in 3D or not.
Similar News ItemsParanormal Activity (2007)
- Interview with the stars and filmmakers of The Gift, new poster debuts (From Flickeringmyth. 30 November 2015, 6:23 AM, PST)
- Slamdance Festival Competition Lineup Unveiled (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 30 November 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Pay the Ghost’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 21 November 2015, 8:24 AM, PST)
James Wan (I)
- James Wan releases The Conjuring 2 set photos (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 8:38 AM, PST)
- ‘The Conjuring 2’ Set Photos Show Off an English Setting and Patrick Wilson’s Mighty Sideburns (From Slash Film. 27 November 2015, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Filming Continues On James Wan’s The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist As New Set Photos Emerge (From We Got This Covered. 27 November 2015, 8:57 AM, PST)
- "Aquaman" Producer Talks Status, Wan Hiring (From Dark Horizons. 24 November 2015, 6:05 PM, PST)
- 32 videogames that brought actors back to iconic roles (From Den of Geek. 19 November 2015, 1:21 PM, PST)
- The Neo-Gothic Horror Of James Wan (From shocktillyoudrop. 13 November 2015, 10:45 AM, PST)