Dok Leipzig’s Golden Dove for Best International Documentary went to the Us, while Norway scored a hat-trick at the Nordic Film Days in Lübeck.
The top award in Leipzig’s International Documentary Competition went to Italian-born, Us-based film-maker Roberto Minervini’s Stop The Pounding Heart whose portrayal of a strict religious family was described by the jury as ¨refreshing and unsettling at the same time.¨
The Us-Belgian-Italian co-production is handled internationally by Doc & Film.
The Golden Dove in the German Documentary Competition was awarded to Carlo Zoratti for his feature-length debut The Special Need, while the newly-created Golden Dove for the animation-documentary hybrid form was presented to French director Daniela De Felice’s Casa.
A total of 18 prizes with cash awards totalling almost €70,000 ($95,000) included the Fipresci Prize for Gang Zhao’s A Folk Troupe; the Mdr Film Prize for Vitaly Mansky’s Pipeline; and the Youth Jury Prize to Joanna by Aneta Kopacz, a graduate »
- email@example.com (Martin Blaney)
Similar News ItemsChuck Norris
- Who’ll Stop the Rain (From Trailers from Hell. 23 May 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Rare Footage Shows Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Damme Training Together (From TVovermind.com. 23 May 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: in praise of season 4 (From Den of Geek. 17 May 2017, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- ‘LoveTrue’: Alma Har’el’s Genre-Bending Documentary Examines a Weirdly Fated Love Story — Watch (From Indiewire. 23 May 2017, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- ‘Awol’: Lola Kirke Serenades Breeda Wool in Stirring Clip From Lesbian Drama — Watch (From Indiewire. 23 May 2017, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- ‘Wakefield’ and ‘Abacus’ Lead Openers, But ‘Paris Can Wait’ Rules (From Indiewire. 21 May 2017, 11:40 AM, PDT)
Mean Streets (1973)
- Cannes: Harvey Keitel Set for Real-Life Miracle Drama ‘Fatima’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 May 2017, 2:55 AM, PDT)
- The Best Of The Best – The Greatest Cinematographers and the Films that made them great (From HeyUGuys. 12 May 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Before ‘Good Time,’ the Safdie Brothers’ ‘Daddy Longlegs’ Reinvented the New York Movie (From Indiewire. 11 May 2017, 7:56 AM, PDT)