They’ve actually ascertained how to marry slick pop pageantry to the confrontational wallop of 1980s thrash metal without appearing desperate to pacify both sides of the aisle. Instead of allowing one style to topple the other, they put their heads together, and let sparks fly with reckless abandon.
The title track jumpstarts things with Krauss spewing lyrics through a flamethrower as she wastes little time letting the listener in on what the band is all about in 2013. It’s an abrasive beginning to what builds itself up as a ride you won’t soon forget.
Sugarcane is an appropriately named slice of heaven that leans on a spirited riff from Miller as well as elements of Edm that mirror the noise eruption prominent on Kanye West’s Yeezus from earlier this year. »
- David Hens
Similar News ItemsKanye West
- Kim Kardashian Gets Real: 11 Revelations From the New Cover Story (From Rolling Stone. 1 July 2015, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Back to the Future turns 30: How the world looked in 1955, 1985 and 2015 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 July 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- 6 Surprising Things I Learned About Kim Kardashian Today (From Popsugar. 30 June 2015, 10:59 PM, PDT)
- 10 best music documentaries: Bob Dylan, Madonna, Radiohead, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 June 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Adam Lambert Slams Kanye West “Bohemian Rhapsody” Cover (Video) (From GossipCop. 29 June 2015, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Tracy Austin’s favourite TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 June 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Is David Byrne Making Color Guard Cool? (From Vulture. 18 June 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 reasons I listen to Howard Stern (From Hitfix. 10 June 2015, 3:42 PM, PDT)
- The Voice UK spoilers: Who's battling it out this weekend? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 3 March 2015, 8:47 AM, PST)