It’s always nice to have a back-up plan, especially when it involves Leonardo DiCaprio, who stepped in for an absent Martin Scorsese at the world restoration premiere of “Rebel Without a Cause” at Lacma on Nov. 1.
“Mr. Scorsese personally apologizes that he couldn’t be here tonight, but he’s very busy editing our new film, ‘Wolf of Wall Street‘ in New York,” DiCaprio said before reading a note from Scorsese to the packed Bing Theater. The restoration was spearheaded by The Film Foundation, which Scorsese founded in 1990.
“‘I was 13 when I saw “Rebel Without a Cause”‘ — that’s Martin speaking, I was 16,” DiCaprio quipped in the midst of reading Scorsese’s letter. “‘It was about us, the adolescents and the teenagers, and it seemed to be taking place in some legendary realm. And everything hit me like a lightning bolt — every color, every form, every composition, every gesture, »
- Allegra Tepper
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Post-Christmas B.O.: ‘Hobbit’ Rebounds; ‘Unbroken’ & ‘Woods’ Solid;’Interview’ Dips (From Deadline New York. 27 December 2014, 4:07 AM, PST)
- Box Office: 'The Hobbit' Tops Friday, 'The Interview' Cools Off (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 December 2014, 10:22 PM, PST)
- Maybe ‘Shazam’ Is Part of the DC Movie Universe After All (From Slash Film. 26 December 2014, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Movie review of 2014: Year in pictures - Oscars, Marvel, Batfleck, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Guardians of the Galaxy is film of the year in DS 2014 Reader Awards (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Tim Burton’s Batman Forever (From Obsessed with Film. 24 December 2014, 8:42 AM, PST)
Martin Scorsese (I)
- 12 best performances of 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Roger Deakins got the biggest compliment of his career for 'The Shawshank Redemption' (From Hitfix. 26 December 2014, 10:56 AM, PST)
- Review: A Most Violent Year (From JoBlo. 25 December 2014, 4:49 PM, PST)