Last year, Matthew McConaughey played a cowboy stripper named Dallas, and this week the Texas-bred actor portrays the man who started the real-life Dallas Buyers Club. But there won't be any scandalous shirt-ripping or butt-less chaps in this heavy drama.
"Dallas Buyers Club" tells the true story of Ron Woodroof (McConaughey), a homophobic Texas electrician who is diagnosed with HIV in 1986 and given 30 days to live. Unable to get effective medicine due to government legal restrictions, Woodroof smuggles drugs into the country and starts a Buyers Club to help other AIDS patients. McConaughey lost an astonishing 50 pounds for the role, which critics are already calling the best performance of his career.
While you've seen McConaughey do everything from tearing a courtroom apart to tearing his clothes off, you may not know everything about him. From his nude, bongo-playing arrest to his odd body hygiene choices, here are 20 things you probably don't know about Matthew McConaughey. »
- Erin Whitney
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Leonardo DiCaprio Aiming For Robin Hood: Origins (From Obsessed with Film. 27 February 2015, 4:54 AM, PST)
- ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ Gets ‘Who’s the Boss?’ Sitcom-Style Soundtrack (Video) (From The Wrap. 26 February 2015, 11:41 PM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio developing Robin Hood: Origins (From Den of Geek. 26 February 2015, 11:13 PM, PST)
- New Awards Season Rules: Would more nominees help solve the Oscars' diversity problem? (From Hitfix. 26 February 2015, 6:25 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2016: 16 Films to Keep an Eye On (From Backstage. 26 February 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Stx Entertainment Dates Films With Matthew McConaughey, Julia Roberts, Jason Blum (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2015, 10:47 AM, PST)
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- Kristen Wiig Wins The Lottery In Welcome To Me Trailer (From TheMovieBit. 27 February 2015, 1:12 AM, PST)
- Welcome To Me Trailer (From AreYouScreening. 26 February 2015, 6:44 PM, PST)
- Kristen Wiig Stars in First Trailer For Welcome To Me (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 February 2015, 5:36 PM, PST)