Top 10 Patrick Sproull 31 Oct 2013 - 07:00
To mark Halloween, Patrick counts down the ten Scooby Doo episodes most likely to make you say 'zoinks!'...
I cried “zoinks!” and jumped into Shaggy’s arms watching Shaun of the Dead. I averted my eyes and whispered “jeepers” when Skinner impaled his chin in Hot Fuzz. I tried to calm my post-horror nerves by downing bagfuls of Scooby Snacks – but to no avail – I simply have no taste for horror films, for gore, for gratuitous violence.
And that’s why, when I was a nipper, I would cower behind the sofa when the Scooby Doo theme played. I’m too young to remember the Daleks in their 60s heyday when they drove audiences out of the room with their immortal cry of “exterminate” and so the programme that sent me quivering with fear was Scooby Doo. But, like the pepperpots of Doctor Who, »
Similar News ItemsNicolas Cage
- Sequel Bits: ‘Tron 3,’ ‘John Wick 2,’ ‘Top Gun 2,’ ‘National Treasure 3,’ ‘Splash,’ ‘Bad Moms 2,’ ‘Enemy of the State’ (From Slash Film. 27 October 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Alex Essoe talks eating bugs & nightmare neighbours (From The Hollywood News. 26 October 2016, 7:12 AM, PDT)
- Paul Schrader at Metrograph, October 29 – November 1 (From Indiewire. 25 October 2016, 12:06 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Strange TV Trivia – November 5th at The Way Out Club in St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 October 2016, 6:49 PM, PDT)
- Mike Gold: The Real Fan (From Comicmix. 26 October 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Never again': readers' Bake Off-inspired kitchen disasters (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 October 2016, 2:50 AM, PDT)
The Lone Ranger (2013)
- Watch Chilling First Trailer for Retro-Horror Movie 'A Cure for Wellness' (From Rolling Stone. 20 October 2016, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- A Cure for Wellness Trailer: Dane DeHaan Unlocks a Terrifying Secret (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2016, 7:59 AM, PDT)
- A Cure For Wellness: first trailer for new horror (From Den of Geek. 19 October 2016, 10:23 PM, PDT)