Buying companies like Classic Media and AwesomenessTV, and expanding into new areas of business, has changed the way DreamWorks Animation reports its quarterly results.
“We are introducing four new reporting segments — feature films, television series and specials, consumer products and all other — to align with the ways in which we operate DreamWorks Animation’s business today,” said Lew Coleman, chief financial officer of DreamWorks Animation while announcing the company’s third quarter performance. “Our financial reports will now include revenue and gross profit contributions from these segments, which we believe will also serve to provide more detail behind our growth and diversification efforts going forward.”
DreamWorks’ films generated revenue of $120.7 million and gross profit of $55.4 million for the third quarter, which ended Sept. 30.
Despite the disappointing box office performance of “Turbo, »
- Marc Graser
Similar News ItemsDreamWorks Animation [us]
- Women Animators Pen Open Letter on Sexual Harassment: ‘This Abuse Has Got to Stop’ (From The Wrap. 20 October 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Croods 2 Finds Its Director, Brings in Leslie Mann (From MovieWeb. 18 October 2017, 5:53 PM, PDT)
- "Voltron: Legendary Defender" (From SneakPeek. 18 October 2017, 2:34 PM, PDT)
Puss in Boots (2011)
- Antonio Banderas to Star as Pablo Picasso in ‘Genius’ Season 2 at Nat Geo (From Variety - TV News. 6 September 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Despicable Me becomes highest-grossing animated franchise of all time (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2017, 1:22 AM, PDT)
- ‘Despicable Me’ is Now the Highest Grossing Animated Franchise in Movie History (From Indiewire. 7 August 2017, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Academy Museum Gets Funding From Netflix, Charles Roven, Bloomberg Philanthropies (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2017, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- Molly Ringwald Recalls Years of Sexual Abuse as a Teen in Hollywood (From MovieWeb. 18 October 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Jeffrey Katzenberg ‘Deeply, Deeply Sorry’ for Crude Molly Ringwald Diss He Denies Ever Saying (From The Wrap. 18 October 2017, 9:24 AM, PDT)