This weekend saw the return of the Celluloid Screams horror film festival to Sheffield’s Showroom Cinema advertising three whole days (including one long ass night) of the best horror movies the world has to offer.
From Friday 25th to Sunday 27th October horror fans from near and far converged on the tiny art-house cinema in the heart of South Yorkshire to indulge their darker sides. Amongst the films shown were classic horror movies such as Basket Case, Demons and my personal favourite Return of the Living Dead as well as fantastic Q and A sessions with iconic directors like Frank Henenlotter who thrilled the uninitiated with tales of getting Frankenhooker onto the big screen purely by chance and the emergence of basket-bound oddball Belial as a cult horror favourite.
But perhaps even more exciting for those lucky few who forked out £80 for a weekend pass was the inclusion of »
- Matt Aspin
Similar News ItemsThe Return of the Living Dead (1985)
- ‘Stalled’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 13 March 2014, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead season 4 episode 13 review: Alone (From Den of Geek. 9 March 2014, 1:41 AM, PST)
- Who Was That Zombie? Check Out These Zombie Homages from The Walking Dead (From Dread Central. 21 February 2014, 12:13 PM, PST)
Basket Case (1982)
- Preview: ‘Video Nasty: The Comic Book’ (From Blogomatic3000. 3 March 2014, 4:19 AM, PST)
- ‘The Stuff’ Blu-ray Review (Arrow Video) (From Blogomatic3000. 27 February 2014, 11:15 AM, PST)
- Bad Milo (2013) Review (From MoreHorror. 25 February 2014, 7:12 PM, PST)
- 12 Off-Beat Valentine's Day Movies (From FEARnet. 13 February 2014)
- Event Report: UK's Celluloid Screams 2013 (From Dread Central. 6 November 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Celluloid Screams - Don Thacker Gives Us a Talk on Motivational Growth (From Dread Central. 6 November 2013, 4:30 AM, PST)