So sad! One of the most influential figures in rock ‘n’ roll history passed away on Oct. 27. He was 71 years old.
Lou Reed: Rock Legend Dies At 71
Lou was 71 years old, and had recently undergone a liver transplant in May 2013, according to Rolling Stone. And in July he was hospitalized for severe dehydration.
He is one of the biggest names in music history alongside Bob Dylan and John Lennon. He revolutionized rock ‘n’ roll in the late Sixties by marrying grungy alternative rock with avant-garde concepts, and is often credited with spawning the punk rock movement. He also employed a lyrical honesty that had never been heard before with his band The Velvet Underground and later as a solo artist.
He never stopped making music, »
- Andrew Gruttadaro
Similar News ItemsJohn Lennon (I)
- Al Pacino And Christopher Plummer Star in New Clip From Danny Collins Movie (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 February 2015, 5:59 PM, PST)
- George Harrison: A Look Back at His Career on His 72nd Birthday (video) (From TheImproper.com. 25 February 2015, 11:16 AM, PST)
- Martin Scorsese and The Departed (From Cinelinx. 22 February 2015, 2:31 PM, PST)
- Smokey Robinson Remembers 'We Are the World' 30 Years Later (From Entertainment Tonight. 6 March 2015, 4:31 PM, PST)
- Pop Culture History Lesson: 'We Are the World' Turns 30 (From Entertainment Tonight. 6 March 2015, 1:28 PM, PST)
- The Voice Sneak Peek: Joshua Davis and Brian Johnson Go to Battle (Video) (From PEOPLE.com. 6 March 2015, 12:15 PM, PST)
David Bowie (III)
- ‘Doctor Who: 11th Doctor Vol. 1 – After Life’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 6 March 2015, 7:33 AM, PST)
- ‘Descender’ #1 is a cinematic sci-fi treat (From SoundOnSight. 5 March 2015, 9:35 AM, PST)
- Fox's DC Comics Take 'Lucifer' Casts Its Star (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 February 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)