So sad! One of the most influential figures in rock ‘n’ roll history passed away on Oct. 27. He was 71 years old.
Lou Reed: Rock Legend Dies At 71
Lou was 71 years old, and had recently undergone a liver transplant in May 2013, according to Rolling Stone. And in July he was hospitalized for severe dehydration.
He is one of the biggest names in music history alongside Bob Dylan and John Lennon. He revolutionized rock ‘n’ roll in the late Sixties by marrying grungy alternative rock with avant-garde concepts, and is often credited with spawning the punk rock movement. He also employed a lyrical honesty that had never been heard before with his band The Velvet Underground and later as a solo artist.
He never stopped making music, »
- Andrew Gruttadaro
Similar News ItemsJohn Lennon (I)
- See Hunter S. Thompson Talk Hell's Angels in Newly Animated Interview (From Rolling Stone. 28 July 2015, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Review: Tame Impala ‘Currents’ (From Monsters and Critics. 17 July 2015, 3:01 PM, PDT)
- Hear Dustin Hoffman Talk Sex, Drugs and Gangs in Rare 1971 Interview (From Rolling Stone. 14 July 2015, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Barbara Kopple Reflects on Joys and Dangers of Filming ‘Harlan County, USA’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- All The Songs In 'Paper Towns' Including Bon Iver, Wilco, Vampire Weekend, Bob Dylan, And More (From The Playlist. 24 July 2015, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Remembering the First and Only Arab World Movie Star Known Around the Globe (From Alt Film Guide. 23 July 2015, 9:10 PM, PDT)
David Bowie (I)
- "Beat" Takeshi: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 26 July 2015, 8:22 PM, PDT)
- The Deep Hidden Meaning of Nile Rodgers (From Vulture. 26 July 2015, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Contemporary Costumes from ‘Mindy Project,’ ‘Gotham’ Feted by Fidm, TV Academy (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)