“After 3 years of Kombat,” Tancharoen said on his Twitter account, “I’ve decided to move on to other creative opportunities. I wish everyone involved in the movie big success. Thanks!”
Tancharoen did not disclose if another director has been selected.
Tancharoen’s “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” web series (pictured above) recently released its second season.
Rights to the property were part of the Midway Games assets that New Line parent Warner Bros. picked up in bankruptcy court in 2009 for the fire-sale price of $33 million along with “Spy Hunter,” “Joust” and several other game franchises.
Midway debuted the video game in 1992 with a story focusing on the monk Liu Kang to save Earth from an evil sorcerer. New »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Comics on Film: Ben Affleck's More 'Traditional' Batman, and the 'One Rule' (From Movies.com. 18 August 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Rumor: Justice League Dark Director Search Is Reportedly Narrowed Down To These Two (From LRM Online. 18 August 2017, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Adam Wingard on taking Godzilla vs. Kong seriously (From JoBlo. 18 August 2017, 5:56 PM, PDT)
"Mortal Kombat: Legacy" (2011)
- For Our Consideration: Mortal Kombat’s 1997 was the opposite of a flawless victory (From The AV Club. 9 August 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- 15 Mortal Kombat Kharacters We Would All Get It On With (From Screen Rant. 9 August 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Mortal Kombat: 8 Koolest (And 7 Lamest) Characters Ever, Ranked (From Screen Rant. 7 August 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Vancouver Film - "Dragged Across Concrete", "Freaks", "Arrow" (From SneakPeek. 28 July 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3 Begins Production – But With A Twist (From We Got This Covered. 6 July 2017, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Begins Filming; Episode 2 Title Revealed (From Screen Rant. 6 July 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)