Marcia Wallace, the feisty redhead who starred as receptionist Carol Kester on “The Bob Newhart Show” and voiced teacher Edna Krabappel on “The Simpsons,” died Friday. She would have turned 71 on Nov. 1.
TMZ reported the actress died at her home in Los Angeles but other details remained unclear.
Wallace won an Emmy for outstanding voiceover performance on “The Simpsons” in 1992.
Born in Creston, Iowa, she moved to New York after graduating college and worked in off-Broadway productions. The role of the receptionist on “The Bob Newhart Show” was written specifically for her after she had appeared numerous times on “The Merv Griffin Show.”
- Pat Saperstein
Similar News Items"The Simpsons" (1989)
- James L. Brooks Signs With Wme (From The Hollywood Reporter. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch 5 Minutes From The Simpsons and Family Guy Crossover Episode (From Worst Previews. 29 July 2014, 3:19 AM, PDT)
- 9 best moments from Comic-Con 2014: Game of Thrones, Batman, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 July 2014, 2:57 AM, PDT)
"Full House" (1987)
- Candace Cameron, 38, Flaunts Hot Beach Bod (From TooFab. 28 July 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Need a Vacation? Take It Online with Your Favorite Classic Sitcoms! (From PEOPLE.com. 28 July 2014, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Candace Cameron Bure Looks Skinny, Shows Off Toned Legs in Two-Piece Bathing Suit: Picture (From Us Weekly. 28 July 2014, 2:12 AM, PDT)
- James L. Brooks Signs With Wme (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Simpsons’ Producer James L. Brooks Signs With Wme (From The Wrap. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- New Sharknado 2: The Second One Trailer Literally Jumps the Shark (From Horror Asylum. 10 July 2014)