Paramount’s “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” started solidly with $1.4 million in late night shows in the U.S. on Thursday.
The Johnny Knoxville comedy, which opens at 3,300 locations, looks likely to top the domestic box office over the fourth weekend of “Gravity” with tracking in the $30 million range.
“Gravity” has won three straight frames and should end this weekend in the $20 million range. Its domestic gross hit $179.5 million Thursday and its worldwide cume has gone well past $300 million.
“Bad Grandpa” co-stars child actor Jackson Nicoll and has a $15 million production budget. Paramount is trying to manage expectations, citing prospects in the high-teens, low-$20 millions, though other tracking predictions are higher.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsJohnny Knoxville
- New footage in latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV spots (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2014, 4:26 AM, PDT)
- See Patton Oswalt get caned by Johnny Knoxville on 'Drunk History' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 23 July 2014, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- New Extended TV Spot And Poster For Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (From ComicBookMovie. 23 July 2014, 12:21 PM, PDT)
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (2013)
- Begin Again movie review: up tempo (From FlickFilosopher. 24 July 2014, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- You'd Like to Think Half as Much "Bad Grandpa" Would Be Half as Bad (From JustPressPlay. 23 July 2014, 10:46 PM, PDT)
- ‘Frozen’ Tops Digital Sales And Rentals For 2014′s First Half (From Deadline New York. 22 July 2014, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- DVD Review – Jackass Presents Bad Grandpa .5 (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2014, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (From Sky Movies. 14 July 2014, 2:34 AM, PDT)
- ‘Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa .5′ VOD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 13 July 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)