Ben Whishaw (Skyfall) and Olivia Colman (Tyrannosaur) have signed up for the English-language debut by Greek director Giorgos Lanthimos (Dogtooth). The two Brit stars will join Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) and Lea Seydoux (Midnight in Paris) in the bizarre romantic drama The Lobster.
Set in a dystopian future, the film will follow a group of single men and women who are brought to a hotel and ordered to find a life partner within 45 days. Those who fail to are transformed into animals and released into the woods.
Lanthimos' last two features Dogtooth (a drama about life inside a gated community) and Alps (a drama about actors hired to impersonate the deceased) were strange, haunting and incredibly original. With a cast of such impressive actors The Lobster could be Lanthimos' most original and dark film yet.
The Lobster begins shooting in March 2014. »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- Sam Mendes In Early Talks To Direct Live Action Pinocchio Film (From LRM Online. 24 May 2017, 12:42 AM, PDT)
- Paul W.S. Anderson on Resident Evil reboots, live-action Pinocchio director, GOTGv2 cut cameo and more – Daily News Roundup (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2017, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: Disney's Live-Action 'Pinocchio' Seeks James Bond Director; Rihanna, Lupita Nyong'o Looking to Team for Ava DuVernay (From Movies.com. 23 May 2017, 1:40 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Summer 2017 Film Preview (From Women and Hollywood. 26 May 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Update: Jessica Chastain to Star in and Produce “Seducing Ingrid Bergman” (From Women and Hollywood. 22 May 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Chastain to Star in ‘Seducing Ingrid Bergman’ (From Indiewire. 20 May 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)
Midnight in Paris (2011)
- Woody Allen Rips His Distributors That ‘Failed Miserably’ (But He Loves Amazon) (From Indiewire. 17 May 2017, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- Linkbug (From FilmExperience. 17 May 2017, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- The Best Of The Best – The Greatest Cinematographers and the Films that made them great (From HeyUGuys. 12 May 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)