Appearing on HuffPost Live to talk about World Food Day, he admitted: "I love food."
However, Noth admitted that his enjoyment of culinary delights led to him being asked to shed a few pounds.
"That reminds me of a story from when we were doing the movie of Sex and the City," he said. "[Producer] Michael Patrick King came up to me and said, 'Listen to me, dude - we're not calling you Mr Big because of the size of your stomach, so go lose that before we start shooting'."
Noth didn't appear too hurt by the comments as he laughed while telling the story, before shooting down host Marc Lamont Hill's suggestion that he is a sex symbol.
"I don't think so, but you're being very kind," he joked.
Similar News Items"The Good Wife" (2009)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 5/26/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 May 2015, 1:06 AM, PDT)
- The Good Wife: Archie Panjabi Doesn't Deny Kalinda/Alicia Scene Was Faked (From TVLine.com. 26 May 2015, 9:06 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Seacrest Plays Host Again, Critics' Choice Honorees & More (From TVLine.com. 26 May 2015, 1:24 PM, PDT)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Anne Meara obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 May 2015, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Anne Meara's Son Ben Stiller Steps Out After Mom's Death, Thanks Friends and Fans—Read His Heartfelt Message (From E! Online. 25 May 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Comedian Anne Meara Dies: Hollywood Reacts (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 May 2015, 3:42 PM, PDT)
- Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi's Last Good Wife Scene Was Shot Separately (From Us Weekly. 16 May 2015, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- Oscar-Nominated Film Series: Hanks Excellent as Crusoe-ish Hero in Pop-Existential Drama (From Alt Film Guide. 13 May 2015, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- A Date With Chris Noth in Hong Kong (From Vulture. 12 May 2015, 9:31 AM, PDT)