John Rogers, Associated Press
Los Angeles (AP) - Veteran character actor Ed Lauter, whose long, angular face and stern bearing made him an instantly recognizable figure in scores of movies and TV shows during a career that stretched across five decades, died Wednesday. He was 74.
Lauter died of mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer most commonly caused by asbestos exposure, said his publicist, Edward Lozzi.
Whether he was an irascible authority figure, a brutal thug or a conniving con man, Lauter's presence made him all but impossible to miss in any film he was in. That was so even on those occasions when he was playing a character more bumbling than menacing, although menacing was clearly his forte.
- The Associated Press
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- ‘Compton’ Eyes Four-Peat, Edging ‘War Room,’ Newcomers at Labor Day Box Office (From Variety - Film News. 4 September 2015, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Alex Gibney’s Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine Challenges Nearly Every Aspect of the Jobs Brand (From Vulture. 4 September 2015, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Mega Man Is Getting His Own Movie (From Cinema Blend. 3 September 2015, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Scott Eastwood and More Hot Guys Are Shirtless, Sexy and Ready for the Weekend—See the Pics! (From E! Online. 4 September 2015, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Jessie James Decker Welcomes a Baby Boy with Hubby Eric Decker (From TooFab. 4 September 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Neighbors 2' Lands Selena Gomez (From MovieWeb. 4 September 2015, 8:48 AM, PDT)
"The Office" (2005)
- Mindy Kaling: ‘Those moments when you feel an idiot – they’re good to write about’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 September 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Fall 2015 Movie Preview . Films I.m Dying to See (From Manny the Movie Guy. 3 September 2015, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Kaling on New Book ‘Why Not Me?’ and Moving Her Series to Hulu (From Variety - TV News. 3 September 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)