The only surprise about Bake Off's move from BBC2 is that it didn't happen long ago – the show is mainstream TV at its best
• Poll: will the move to BBC1 work?
At this stage, The Great British Bake Off barely even counts as a television programme any more. It's an institution. It's a place where millions of people congregate every week to drool over cakes, zone out during the boring history bits and use Twitter to aggressively denounce Ruby's continued unconvincing attempts at false modesty.
It's a monster. According to Barb, the only BBC shows with more viewers than The Great British Bake Off last week were Strictly Come Dancing, New Tricks and one episode of EastEnders. The number two rated show on BBC2, The Wrong Mans, achieved less than half the ratings of the Bake Off. So the news that it'll move to BBC1 next year isn't really a surprise. »
- Stuart Heritage
Similar News Items"The X Factor" (2011)
- Superman #14 Review (From We Got This Covered. 4 January 2017, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Honey G Show Highlighted by Girl Fight in the Crowd (Video) (From TMZ. 3 January 2017, 12:30 AM, PST)
- Ben Affleck’s “Live by Night” seeks to further cement his A-list director status (From Hollywoodnews.com. 26 December 2016, 12:06 PM, PST)
- It’s easy as pie to make great TV | Victoria Coren Mitchell (From The Guardian - TV News. 10 December 2016, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Mary Berry given a second BBC show (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 November 2016, 5:44 AM, PST)
- Bake Off Fans, Rejoice: Mary Berry Will Return to the BBC in a New Series (From PEOPLE.com. 4 November 2016, 9:43 AM, PDT)
"The Great British Baking Show" (2010)
- ‘The Great British Baking Show’ Returning To PBS (From Deadline TV. 16 January 2017, 10:10 AM, PST)
- 'Great British Bake Off' Ends BBC Run With 4.6M Viewers for Special, Well Below Regular Season Finale (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 27 December 2016, 1:40 AM, PST)
- 'Great British Bake Off' Ends BBC Run With 4.6M Viewers for Special, Well Below Regular Season Finale (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 27 December 2016, 1:40 AM, PST)