There is no harsher "Dancing with the Stars" elimination than one that comes after achieving a high score. Christina Milian and Mark Ballas tied for the highest score of the night -- 28 points -- in week 5. But when it came time for the results, Christina and Mark were sent home.
Apparently, not very many people voted for them.
This marks the first time in "DWTS" Season 17 that popularity has been the deciding factor in sending someone home. The first three eliminations were, after all, of dancers with low scores. Valerie Harper and Bill Nye even got to stay longer than their scores would indicate, thanks to votes from viewers.
The opposite effect seems to be what sank Christina.
It was "Most Memorable Year" night in the ballroom, and Christina and Mark seemed to be unstoppable in their opening-number cha-cha. The couple earned 28 points and high praise from the judges -- »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ‘NCIS’ Star Michael Weatherly Takes on the Tapped Challenge for Charity (From Variety - TV News. 1 September 2015, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 9/1/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 September 2015, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Madam Secretary Gets a Bro, DWTS Pro Injured and More (From TVLine.com. 1 September 2015, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- Mark Ballas Reveals His Dream Dancing With the Stars Partner, Talks Julianne Hough's Engagement and New DWTS Season (From E! Online. 1 September 2015, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- So How Does Dancing With the Stars Actually Pair Its Celebrities and Professional Dancers? (From E! Online. 1 September 2015, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Paula Deen Joins Cast of ‘Dancing With the Stars’ (From The Wrap. 26 August 2015, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- 'High School Musical' Stars Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu and More Reunite at 'Descendants' Premiere (From TooFab. 27 July 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- This High School Musical Reunion Will Make You Want to Break Out in Song (From BuzzSugar. 27 July 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- High School Musical Reunion! Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Lucas Grabeel, More Attend Event to Support Kenny Ortega (From Us Weekly. 26 July 2015, 3:23 AM, PDT)