Owen Wilson stopped by "Jimmy Kimmel Live" to promote his new animated movie "Free Birds," but ended up going on a mini-rant about health care in light of the government shutdown while he had a pedestal on which to speak.
"I don't even think you have to get too political. Regardless of what you think about Obamacare, your heart just kind of goes out to anyone that doesn't have health insurance," Wilson says to Kimmel. "I'm like a journeyman actor, you're a celebrity; I'd love to use your juice or heat to do some good or something."
That turns into Wilson pulling together an impromptu health care PSA that featured appearances from basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and band Panic at the Disco (who was already performing on "Kimmel" that night). The PSA ends with the "Jimmy Kimmel Children's Choir" coming out and singing a song about there being health care for everyone alongside Panic, »
Similar News ItemsJimmy Kimmel
- Emmys: First Time’s the Charm in Late-Night Race (From Variety - TV News. 25 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 50 Cent Opened Up a 50 Cent Store For All of Your Back to School Needs (From E! Online. 24 August 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- How James Corden Conquered Late Night One 'Carpool Karaoke' at a Time (From Rolling Stone. 24 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Owen Wilson (I)
- 2016 Fall Movie Preview: 17 Blockbusters and Popcorn Offerings To Check Out This Season (From Indiewire. 18 August 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- First look image from Wonder featuring Julia Roberts and Jacob Tremblay (From Flickeringmyth. 13 August 2016, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- First look at Jacob Tremblay and Julia Roberts in ‘Wonder’ (From The Hollywood News. 12 August 2016, 1:59 AM, PDT)
Free Birds (2013)
- Relativity’s International Distributors: ‘All We Wanted Was More Product’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2015, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘The Book of Life’ (From Variety - Film News. 14 June 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 2014 Box Office: Admissions Lowest Since 1995; How The Studios Rank (From Deadline. 29 December 2014, 10:07 PM, PST)