Owen Wilson stopped by "Jimmy Kimmel Live" to promote his new animated movie "Free Birds," but ended up going on a mini-rant about health care in light of the government shutdown while he had a pedestal on which to speak.
"I don't even think you have to get too political. Regardless of what you think about Obamacare, your heart just kind of goes out to anyone that doesn't have health insurance," Wilson says to Kimmel. "I'm like a journeyman actor, you're a celebrity; I'd love to use your juice or heat to do some good or something."
That turns into Wilson pulling together an impromptu health care PSA that featured appearances from basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and band Panic at the Disco (who was already performing on "Kimmel" that night). The PSA ends with the "Jimmy Kimmel Children's Choir" coming out and singing a song about there being health care for everyone alongside Panic, »
Similar News ItemsOwen Wilson (I)
- First Photos From Ben Stiller's Night at the Museum 3 (From Worst Previews. 28 July 2014, 8:04 PM, PDT)
- First images from Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb released (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- First Night At The Museum 3 Images: Downton Abbey’s Dan Stevens Debuts as Lancelot (From Collider.com. 28 July 2014, 1:25 PM, PDT)
"Jimmy Kimmel Live!" (2003)
- Do Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Really Know Each Other? Watch the Couple Play the ''No-ley Wed Game'' and Find Out! (From E! Online. 29 July 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Apple Plans to Buy Radio-Podcasting App Swell for $30 Million (Report) (From The Wrap. 28 July 2014, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- Susan Sarandon Rips Into Woody Allen: ‘I Think He Really Tore That Family Apart’ (From The Wrap. 26 July 2014, 12:33 PM, PDT)
Free Birds (2013)
- Get high on laughs with Free Birds half-price in Sky Store (From Sky Movies. 7 July 2014, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- Get high on laughs with Free Birds in Sky Store (From Sky Movies. 1 July 2014, 7:12 AM, PDT)
- Relativity Media expands in China (From ScreenDaily. 16 June 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)