Veteran actress, Elizabeth Peña, whose resume includes films such as “La Bamba”, “Batteries Not Included,” “Blue Steel,” “The Incredibles,” and “Rush Hour” has just signed onto David Mamet’s upcoming thriller, “Blackbird.”
Latino-Review has learned, exclusively, that Peña has signed onto the legendary writer-director’s latest, which stars Academy Award Winner Cate Blanchett as “a grieving granddaughter of a famous special effects artist in Hollywood who discovers secrets from her grandfather’s past that put her life in danger.” One of the secrets, according to the Holywood Reporter, is that he was part of the plot to assassinate John F. Kennedy.
Peña joins a supporting cast that also includes Catherine Keener. The casting process is ongoing and- with this being a Mamet project- it’s likely to attract several more heavyweights.
- Mario-Francisco Robles
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Marvel’s Damage Control: TV pilot ordered for comic book comedy (From Den of Geek. 5 October 2015, 1:42 AM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter Gushes Over Her Boyfriend, Admits She Feels ''Like a New Person'' Since Breast Reduction Surgery (From E! Online. 3 October 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter Reveals How She Fell for Her "Supportive and Wonderful" Boyfriend (From Us Weekly. 3 October 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (From Indiewire. 4 October 2015, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- London Film Festival Turns Spotlight on Gender Equality (From Variety - Film News. 2 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- The Prudent Innocence: Kenneth Branagh's "Cinderella" (From MUBI. 2 October 2015, 9:52 AM, PDT)
- Will Smith has a new single and there's a swear word in it (From Hitfix. 2 October 2015, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Director J.C. Chandor set to take on Triple Frontier (From Flickeringmyth. 1 October 2015, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Celeb Sightings: Sofia Vergara Celebrates National Coffee Day (From Us Weekly. 1 October 2015, 12:52 AM, PDT)