Of the five networks, The CW has the fewest hours of primetime to fill but they're not finding it any easier to find hits. Most of their returning shows are way down year-to-year and some of their new series are struggling. Which will be cancelled or renewed? Stay tuned!
New CW shows (so far): The Originals, Reign, and The Tomorrow People.
How does The CW decide what to cancel or renew? They look at a lot of different factors but the ratings play an important role. The higher the ratings, the better chance a show has of surviving. Here's how the network's shows are doing so far: »
Similar News Items"The Vampire Diaries" (2009)
- Todd Lasance to play The Rival in The Flash season 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 25 August 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- CW Developing Martial Law Drama ‘Rise’ From ‘Vampire Diaries’ Exec Producers (From Deadline TV. 24 August 2016, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Britney Spears Biopic Is Coming to Lifetime in 2017 (From MovieWeb. 24 August 2016, 4:44 PM, PDT)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Julie Plec to Develop New Drama ‘Rise’ at CW (From The Wrap. 24 August 2016, 5:38 PM, PDT)
- CW 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 8/24/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 August 2016, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Drake Doremus Lines Up Another ‘Unique Love Story’ With Charlie Hunnam and Léa Seydoux (From Indiewire. 21 August 2016, 12:04 PM, PDT)
"Hart of Dixie" (2011)
- TVLine Items: Scream Queens Adds Two, Netflix Renews Flaked and More (From TVLine.com. 28 July 2016, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Connie Britton, Jane Fonda Join Rachel Platten in Pitch Perfect-Inspired 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton (Video) (From TVLine.com. 26 July 2016, 8:47 PM, PDT)
- Rachel Bilson Makes a Rare Public Appearance, Looks Suspiciously the Same as in Her O.C. Days (From Popsugar. 22 July 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)