Discovery U.S. has acquired “Apocalypse, World War One,” the latest opus of the blockbuster documentary franchise “Apocalypse,” from France Televisions Distribution.
Budgeted above five million Euros, the five-part docu series will air in 2014, to mark the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of Wwi. It’s produced by Cc&C and features colorized archival footage, fifty-percent of which is exclusive. National Geographic Channels Intl. pre-bought global non-standard TV rights (excluding Canada, the U.S. and France) at last year’s Mipcom.
Deal is one of the flurry of sales inked by French pubcaster France Televisions at Mipcom, which wraps on Thursday.
German net Zdf picked up Patrick Jeudy’s “There is No Such Thing as a Happy Kennedy,” produced by Program 33; “Marilyn, The Last Sessions” and the two-parter Cosmic Shore co-produced by Japan’s Nhk Enterprises and France Televisions, among other docu titles.
In Sweden and Finland, TV4 Ab bought »
- Elsa Keslassy
Similar News ItemsPrince (I)
- 10 Fun Facts About Ed Sheeran That You Can Use as Talking Points at Parties (From Popsugar. 22 March 2017, 2:46 PM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman Gets Rated PG-13 for Violence and Suggestive Content (From MovieWeb. 22 March 2017, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- Watch Dave Chappelle Laugh Off Kyrie Irving's 'Flat-Earth' Belief (From Rolling Stone. 22 March 2017, 8:28 AM, PDT)
National Geographic [us]
- 'O.J.: Made In America' producer-director to headline Aidc's 30th edition (From IF.com.au. 7 November 2016, 9:48 PM, PST)
- Tracks review: hopefully lost (From FlickFilosopher. 25 April 2014, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- Mia Wasikowska: making Tracks (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
No Such Thing (2001)
- Reappearing Fireflies: Bruce Baillie in Vienna (From MUBI. 20 March 2017, 8:20 PM, PDT)
- Psychic Scars and Something Wild: A Conversation with Dramatist, Filmmaker, and Holocaust Survivor Jack Garfein (From The Film Stage. 20 March 2017, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Berlinale 2017 Top Picks and Coverage Roundup (From MUBI. 6 March 2017, 11:05 AM, PST)