Discovery U.S. has acquired “Apocalypse, World War One,” the latest opus of the blockbuster documentary franchise “Apocalypse,” from France Televisions Distribution.
Budgeted above five million Euros, the five-part docu series will air in 2014, to mark the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of Wwi. It’s produced by Cc&C and features colorized archival footage, fifty-percent of which is exclusive. National Geographic Channels Intl. pre-bought global non-standard TV rights (excluding Canada, the U.S. and France) at last year’s Mipcom.
Deal is one of the flurry of sales inked by French pubcaster France Televisions at Mipcom, which wraps on Thursday.
German net Zdf picked up Patrick Jeudy’s “There is No Such Thing as a Happy Kennedy,” produced by Program 33; “Marilyn, The Last Sessions” and the two-parter Cosmic Shore co-produced by Japan’s Nhk Enterprises and France Televisions, among other docu titles.
In Sweden and Finland, TV4 Ab bought »
- Elsa Keslassy
Similar News ItemsPrince (I)
- Interview with Batman: Assault on Arkham’s Creative Team (From DailyDead. 30 July 2014, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- Melissa McCarthy, Jenny McCarthy and Other Celeb Cousins You Never Knew Were Related (From PEOPLE.com. 24 July 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- The 25 Best '80s Movie Soundtracks (Video) (From Moviefone. 24 July 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
National Geographic [us]
- Tracks review: hopefully lost (From FlickFilosopher. 25 April 2014, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- Mia Wasikowska: making Tracks (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Tracks review a road movie without a sense of direction (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
"New American Bandstand 1965" (1952)
- Review: Clint Eastwood’s ‘Jersey Boys’ Won’t Just Shut Up and Play the Hits (From FilmSchoolRejects. 25 June 2014, 7:12 AM, PDT)
- A conversation with Mark Pellington (part two): (From Icons of Fright. 23 June 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Jersey Boys Review (From We Got This Covered. 19 June 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)