"Dancing With the Stars" bid farewell to Valerie Harper in week 4, and it was an emotional goodbye. The morning after her elimination, Harper visited "Good Morning America" to continue bringing her positive attitude to the public.
"When you have cancer and they say you have three months in January and suddenly it's October, you've got to feel good about that," Harper says.
She adds that the drugs she's on are working, and she's excited about the next phase in her life post-"DWTS." "So we'll see what goes, and everyone should live like that: one day at a time," says Harper.
During the interview, the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" alum was shown a clip of her dancing early on in her career. When asked what advice she would give her younger self, Harper answered simply, "Just keep dancing."
"Dancing With the Stars" airs Mondays on ABC at 8 p.m. Et. »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 8/4/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 4 August 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Where are the cast of Coyote Ugly now? Here's what happened to Piper Perabo, LeAnn Rimes and the coyotes (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 August 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Rumer Willis' New Bangs & Extensions Looks Just Like Mom Demi Moore's '80s Hairstyle—See for Yourself! (From E! Online. 3 August 2015, 9:28 AM, PDT)
"Good Morning America" (1975)
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson Talks Becoming a Dad on ‘Good Morning America': ‘It’s a Very Exciting Time’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 4 August 2015, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- ‘The View’s’ Michelle Collins Flirts With One Direction: ‘I’m Younger Than I Look’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 4 August 2015, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- One Direction Opens Up About Losing Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson Talks Fatherhood on Good Morning America (From E! Online. 4 August 2015, 6:38 AM, PDT)
- Valerie Harper Speaks (From Access Hollywood. 1 August 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Valerie Harper Speaks Out After Health Scare: "I Am Not, Nor Have I Been, in a Coma" (From E! Online. 1 August 2015, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Valerie Harper Is Not in a Coma, Gives Update on Health After Hospitalization (From Us Weekly. 1 August 2015, 6:58 AM, PDT)