"My knees are killing me," moans Valerie Harper, lifting her gold lamé gown and showing off two knees wrapped in heavy bandages. It's moments after her elimination on Monday night's Dancing With The Stars and Harper is cheerfully working the press line, flashing the smile that belies the crushing diagnosis she was given in January: That her lung cancer, which she thought she had beaten, had spread to the membranes surrounding her brain and that she had three to six months to live.
"I feel very happy that I was here for four dances with Tristan [MacManus]," she says.
Read More > »
- Deborah Starr Seibel
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Watch Alexa PenaVega & Derek Hough's perfect dance (Video)' (From Gold Derby. 13 October 2015, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- Hayes Grier's 'DWTS' Blog (From Access Hollywood. 13 October 2015, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Monday TV Ratings: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane The Virgin, Blindspot, Castle (From TVSeriesFinale. 13 October 2015, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- John Amos on Mary Tyler Moore, Racism on Set, and Playing the First Black Family Man (From Vulture. 13 October 2015, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Mary Tyler Moore: A Celebration: On PBS (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 October 2015, 7:05 PM, PDT)
- Ken Howard Re-Elected SAG-AFTRA President (From Variety - Film News. 20 August 2015, 7:36 PM, PDT)