Three people have been named the first governors of the new casting directors branch at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
“The addition of these exceptional professionals to our Board is another positive step toward making our organization more inclusive and more reflective of the broader industry,” Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs said in a statement. “We welcome them, their ideas and their insights wholeheartedly.”
The Academy’s 17 branches are each represented by three governors, who may serve up to three consecutive three-year terms. The addition of the casting directors Branch was approved by the board in July of this year.
- Tim Gray
Similar News ItemsCheryl Boone Isaacs
- Bart & Fleming: The Big Sundance Deals; Why Are Jon Stewart And Stephen Colbert Not Lacerating White House Candidates? (From Deadline TV. 2 February 2016, 4:40 PM, PST)
- Bart & Fleming: The Big Sundance Deals; Why Are Jon Stewart And Stephen Colbert Not Lacerating White House Candidates? (From Deadline. 2 February 2016, 4:40 PM, PST)
- SAG Awards: ‘Spotlight’ Victory Confirms We Have an Oscar Race, Folks! (Analysis) (From Scott Feinberg. 31 January 2016, 3:22 PM, PST)
- 2016 Casting Society of America Artios Awards: Winners List (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 January 2016, 10:15 PM, PST)
- Does "Star Wars" Have the Best Cast? It's Among the Nominees of Casting Society of America's Artios Awards! See Full Nomination List! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 5 January 2016, 8:37 AM, PST)
- Casting Society of America Announces Feature Film Nominees for 31st Annual Artios Awards (From AwardsDaily. 4 January 2016, 12:39 PM, PST)
- Academy Steps Up Its Digital Growth With Summer Projects (From Variety - Film News. 14 May 2015, 6:58 AM, PDT)
- To Date, Academy Has Had Only 3 Female Presidents; Today, Stronger Female Presence in Board of Governors (From Alt Film Guide. 4 September 2014, 3:12 PM, PDT)
- AMPAS board elects governors (From ScreenDaily. 18 July 2014, 12:04 PM, PDT)