Written and Directed by Adam Rapp.
After being offered $100,000 for love letters exchanged between her famous author parents, struggling New York actress Reece Holden (Zooey Deschenal) decides to return to her home and visit her father, Don Holden (Ed Harris), in an effort to discover the letters. However, on returning to her childhood home she finds that things have changed considerably in the time that she’s been away; in particular her reclusive father is now sharing what was the family home with an ex-student of his, Shelley (Amelia Warner) and a sort of odd-job man called Corbit (Will Ferrell).
The opening of this film couldn’t be much further from the title if it tried. Deschanel paints a very gloomy picture of the tortuous life of a poorly-paid theatre actress in New York. »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- Great Job, Internet!: Here’s 10 minutes of Kate McKinnon’s Holtzmann ad-libs from Ghostbusters (From The AV Club. 22 October 2016, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Wrestling Comedy Based On The Rock’s Early Career In The Works At Fox, Dwayne Johnson Attached (From We Got This Covered. 22 October 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson To Make A Fox Comedy Based On His Professional Wrestling Experiences (From LatinoReview. 21 October 2016, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- New Girl: Season Six Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 October 2016, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- ‘New Girl’ & ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Crossover Review: Only One Fox Comedy Survives in Ill-Fated Pairing (From Indiewire Television. 11 October 2016, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘New Girl’ & ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Crossover Review: Only One Fox Comedy Survives in Ill-Fated Pairing (From Indiewire. 11 October 2016, 6:00 PM, PDT)
Ed Harris (I)
- Photos from Westworld Episode 4, Directed by Vincenzo Natali (From DailyDead. 21 October 2016, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky: What to Know About the Oscar-Nominated Director (From PEOPLE.com. 20 October 2016, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Reportedly Dating Director Darren Aronofsky (From Popsugar. 19 October 2016, 5:10 PM, PDT)