After another successful film festival last year, Underwire are returning for their 4th annual event that’s the only short film festival in the UK dedicated to showcasing the raw cinematic talents of women that runs from 19-23 November at The Yard Theatre in Hackney Wick, London.
Featuring an eclectic mix of genres, themes and aesthetic styles, this year boasts 65 films across 10 competition screenings. These ten craft awards aim to recognise outstanding female film practitioners working in the UK today. This year’s festival also includes 23 dynamic events, bringing industry icons and familiar faces to our audience.
Highlights from this year?s festival include two guest programmes; Aesthetica Short Film Festival present the highlights from 2013 and Loco return with the annual event LiveWire, a night of film and live comedy, featuring the Edinburgh Fringe favourite Lou Sanders; the mysterious Miss L, creator of cult website Casting Call Woe; and the brilliant Sony Award winning stand-up, »
- Dan Bullock
Similar News ItemsHugo (2011)
- Here’s What’s Leaving Netflix in July 2017 (From Collider.com. 21 June 2017, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- Mary Poppins Returns director reveals why Julie Andrews isn’t making a cameo appearance (From Flickeringmyth. 10 June 2017, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- First-look images from Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns (From Flickeringmyth. 7 June 2017, 3:12 PM, PDT)
The Aviator (2004)
- Twilight Zone Movie Gets MonsterVerse Writer Christine Lavaf (From MovieWeb. 20 June 2017, 6:18 PM, PDT)
- Jude Law Needs Fewer Soulless Blockbusters and More Iconoclasts Like Paolo Sorrentino’s ‘The Young Pope’ (From Indiewire Television. 19 June 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Young Pope’: How Jude Law Went Weird with Paolo Sorrentino for His Best Work In Years (From Indiewire. 19 June 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)