Fox has cast a very familiar face to headline its remake of Broadchurch.
EW has learned that David Tennant, who headlined the U.K. version on ITV that drew more than 10 million viewers for its season finale, will reprise his role as Detective Inspector Alec Hardy for American audiences. The Scottish actor best known to fanboys as the 10th Doctor on Doctor Who earned rave reviews for his portrayal of a sad (and physically ill) divorcee who investigates the death of a boy in a seaside town.
Fox announced last summer that it will remake the 8-episode series for the 2014-15 season. »
- Lynette Rice
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (2005)
- 'Red' receives L.A. premiere at North Hollywood CineFest (From Screen Anarchy. 21 February 2017, 11:44 PM, PST)
- 10 Actresses Who Could Be The Next Doctor Who (From We Got This Covered. 21 February 2017, 8:30 AM, PST)
- Doctor Who: BBC America Chief on Season 11 with a New Time Lord (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 February 2017, 3:13 PM, PST)
David Tennant (I)
- James Bond: Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy bookies’ favourites to land role (From Den of Geek. 22 February 2017, 10:18 PM, PST)
- Morena Baccarin boards animation 'Elliott The Littlest Reindeer' (From ScreenDaily. 11 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)
- 'Sin City', 'Wild Tales' producers team for Gregory Widen fantasy movie (From ScreenDaily. 10 February 2017, 10:01 PM, PST)
- Doctor Who: Tilda Swinton Is Favored To Be The Next Doctor (From LRM Online. 16 February 2017, 9:52 AM, PST)
- Tilda Swinton is the bookies fave for Doctor Who role (From The Hollywood News. 16 February 2017, 9:25 AM, PST)
- Tilda Swinton is the new favorite to replace Peter Capaldi in Doctor Who (From Flickeringmyth. 16 February 2017, 1:20 AM, PST)