After the cult success of Best Worst Movie, Michael Stephenson returns with the Louis-Theroux style documentary The American Scream, following the lives of people obsessed with Halloween and the scaring that comes with it.
The movie focuses on three families within in the same neighbourhood who all share the same passion - redecorating their abodes on October 31st to become haunted houses which their neighbours can then come and visit. Stephenson doesn't shy away from the eccentricity of his subjects, nor does he gloss over the fact that this can be a very expensive and damaging hobby - to both the families and bank balances.
Stephenson carefully chooses his subjects to show three different sides to the art of being a haunter. Arguably the film is centred around Victor, »
Similar News ItemsLuke Owen (I)
- 4 Things We Learned From The First 4 Episodes of The Defenders (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Video Game Review – Sonic Mania (PS4) (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 1:45 AM, PDT)
- Video Game Review – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (PS4) (From Flickeringmyth. 10 August 2017, 11:51 PM, PDT)
Best Worst Movie (2009)
- Competition: Win SFX documentary ‘Creature Designers’ on DVD (From Blogomatic3000. 3 October 2016, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- 10 Horror Films You Constantly Have To Defend Loving (From Obsessed with Film. 3 March 2016, 1:43 AM, PST)
- Blu-ray Review: Troll / Troll 2 Double Feature (From DailyDead. 21 January 2016, 7:16 AM, PST)
Michael Paul Stephenson
- ‘The Disaster Artist’ Is A Masterpiece For Fans Of ‘The Room,’ But What About Everyone Else? [SXSW Review] (From The Playlist. 14 March 2017, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Bob Odenkirk gets caught in a web of greeting-card intrigue in a Girlfriend’s Day exclusive (From The AV Club. 14 February 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Netflix releases poster and trailer for Girlfriend’s Day starring Bob Odenkirk, Amber Tamblyn and Natasha Lyonne (From Flickeringmyth. 18 January 2017, 6:25 AM, PST)