Chicago – I was paying attention to the movie. Correction: I was mostly paying attention to the movie. It was challenging to ignore my angry, empty stomach and fully enjoy the food coma that is “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2”.
Just don’t make the same mistake I did and eat first.
To justify a sequel, a mostly new filmmaking team converted inanimate food that rained from the sky to living, breathing and speaking “foodimals”.
The star of the foodimals? Barry the strawberry, who turns out to be the star of the film. Like his fellow foodimals, Barry is an ambulatory chunk of food spawned from an invention that goes by the mumbled name “Fldsmdfr”. In the sequel, the Fldsmdfr has been popping out food on the island of Swallow Falls since the first film.
Kid Critic Rating: 3.5/5.0
Good: The foodimals were so cute and I can’t »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsNeil Patrick Harris
- Bradley Cooper, Bryan Cranston and Taylor Schilling Among Tony Awards Presenters (From The Wrap. 28 May 2015, 7:29 AM, PDT)
- Tonys: Bryan Cranston, Larry David, Jim Parsons Among Presenters (From The Hollywood Reporter. 28 May 2015, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Piers Morgan will be a guest judge on America's Got Talent 2015 (From National Ledger. 28 May 2015, 12:33 AM, PDT)
- James Buckley Joins Lonely Island Pic ‘Conner4real'; Evan Jones Set For ‘Shot Caller'; Goldenthal Lauded In Krakow (From Deadline. 28 May 2015, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- HBO Picks Up Web Comedy Talk Show ‘The Gorburger Show’ to Pilot (From Variety - TV News. 27 May 2015, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- YouTube’s ‘The Gorburger Show’ Moving To TV With HBO Pilot Order (From Deadline TV. 27 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Pixar’s Inside Out Gets A New Clip (From ShockYa. 29 May 2015, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Childhood Memories clip from Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out (From Flickeringmyth. 29 May 2015, 12:25 AM, PDT)
- Pixar turned to female exployees to make sure 'Inside Out' rang true (From Hitfix. 27 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)