Chicago – I was paying attention to the movie. Correction: I was mostly paying attention to the movie. It was challenging to ignore my angry, empty stomach and fully enjoy the food coma that is “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2”.
Just don’t make the same mistake I did and eat first.
To justify a sequel, a mostly new filmmaking team converted inanimate food that rained from the sky to living, breathing and speaking “foodimals”.
The star of the foodimals? Barry the strawberry, who turns out to be the star of the film. Like his fellow foodimals, Barry is an ambulatory chunk of food spawned from an invention that goes by the mumbled name “Fldsmdfr”. In the sequel, the Fldsmdfr has been popping out food on the island of Swallow Falls since the first film.
Kid Critic Rating: 3.5/5.0
Good: The foodimals were so cute and I can’t »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsNeil Patrick Harris
- A Brief History of Ellen DeGeneres's Amazing Halloween Costumes (From Popsugar. 14 August 2017, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- First look image from Alexander Payne’s new film Downsizing (From Flickeringmyth. 12 August 2017, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- The 20 Best Crime Films of the 21st Century, From ‘Memento’ to ‘Zodiac’ (From Indiewire. 11 August 2017, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: Conan O’Brien Heads to Israel for TV Special (From Variety - TV News. 17 August 2017, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- The Gong Show: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two on ABC? (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 August 2017, 11:10 PM, PDT)
- The Gong Show: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 August 2017, 9:09 PM, PDT)
- ‘Superbad’ Cast Then and Now: From Emma Stone to Seth Rogen (Photos) (From The Wrap. 17 August 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Colbert Grills Anthony Scaramucci on Trump's Response to Charlottesville: 'Why Did It Take So Long?' (From TVLine.com. 15 August 2017, 5:23 AM, PDT)
- Scaramucci Admits Reince Priebus Feud to Stephen Colbert: ‘No Love Lost There Obviously’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 14 August 2017, 7:08 PM, PDT)