George Clooney, Natalie Portman and Justin Timberlake are among the potential witnesses listed by Ed Asner and the 15 other plaintiffs in the lawsuit against SAG-aftra over $130 million in unpaid funds.
Thursday’s serving of the witness list comes a week and half before an Oct. 7 hearing in federal court over the union’s motion for a dismissal of the suit, which alleges extensive misconduct by the union in how it has handled foreign royalties and residuals. SAG-aftra has repeatedly brushed off the suit’s allegations and insisted it has done nothing wrong.
The plaintiffs — who have alleged that SAG and AFTRA have not made significant efforts to locate high-profile actors to pay the royalties and residuals — have named more than two dozen highly recognizable thesps as possible witnesses including Clooney, Portman and Timberlake.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Where Does Britney Spears' Carpool Karaoke Rank Among Other Pop Divas? (From E! Online. 26 August 2016, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Paulson in negotiations to join cast of Ocean’s Eight (From Flickeringmyth. 26 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Sam Mendes to Direct ‘James and the Giant Peach,’ ‘Ocean’s Eight’ Adds Sarah Paulson, and More (From The Film Stage. 26 August 2016, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- *Nsync Creator Lou Pearlman’s Infamous Life Story To Become Limited TV Series (From Indiewire Television. 27 August 2016, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- *Nsync Creator Lou Pearlman’s Infamous Life Story To Become Limited TV Series (From Indiewire. 27 August 2016, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- Lance Bass -- New 'Nsync Album? ... Fat Chance ... Jt's Just Too Big (From TMZ. 27 August 2016, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Natalie Portman, 17-Year-Old Lily-Rose Depp Do Racy Bathtub Scene (see!) (From TheImproper.com. 26 August 2016, 12:36 PM, PDT)
- Natalie Portman Bashes France for Rudeness, Ooo La… Ouch! (video) (From TheImproper.com. 26 August 2016, 11:21 AM, PDT)
- Wgtc Trailer Roundup #2 – Snowden, Narcos, Rings, Arrow And More (From We Got This Covered. 26 August 2016, 10:08 AM, PDT)