George Clooney, Natalie Portman and Justin Timberlake are among the potential witnesses listed by Ed Asner and the 15 other plaintiffs in the lawsuit against SAG-aftra over $130 million in unpaid funds.
Thursday’s serving of the witness list comes a week and half before an Oct. 7 hearing in federal court over the union’s motion for a dismissal of the suit, which alleges extensive misconduct by the union in how it has handled foreign royalties and residuals. SAG-aftra has repeatedly brushed off the suit’s allegations and insisted it has done nothing wrong.
The plaintiffs — who have alleged that SAG and AFTRA have not made significant efforts to locate high-profile actors to pay the royalties and residuals — have named more than two dozen highly recognizable thesps as possible witnesses including Clooney, Portman and Timberlake.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Giancarlo Esposito Boards Jodie Foster’s Money Monster (From We Got This Covered. 5 March 2015, 2:10 PM, PST)
- TVLine Items: FX Eyes Jenny Slate Show, Chev & Bev Adds Hellcat & More (From TVLine.com. 5 March 2015, 11:39 AM, PST)
- Giancarlo Esposito Joins Money Monster (From EmpireOnline. 5 March 2015, 11:03 AM, PST)
- ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Star Orlando Jones Joins ‘The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea’ (From Variety - Film News. 4 March 2015, 1:50 PM, PST)
- Pregnant Jessica Biel Celebrates 33rd Birthday With Justin Timberlake and Friends: All the Details and Party Pics! (From E! Online. 4 March 2015, 12:42 PM, PST)
- Pregnant Jessica Biel Celebrates 33rd Birthday With Justin Timberlake: Details! (From Us Weekly. 4 March 2015, 11:06 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence and Steven Spielberg Team for War Photographer Biopic (From Moviefone. 5 March 2015, 5:30 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence to Play War Photographer in Steven Spielberg's 'It's What I Do' (From Rope Of Silicon. 3 March 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Lawrence, Spielberg Say "It's What I Do" (From Dark Horizons. 3 March 2015, 3:44 AM, PST)