George Clooney, Natalie Portman and Justin Timberlake are among the potential witnesses listed by Ed Asner and the 15 other plaintiffs in the lawsuit against SAG-aftra over $130 million in unpaid funds.
Thursday’s serving of the witness list comes a week and half before an Oct. 7 hearing in federal court over the union’s motion for a dismissal of the suit, which alleges extensive misconduct by the union in how it has handled foreign royalties and residuals. SAG-aftra has repeatedly brushed off the suit’s allegations and insisted it has done nothing wrong.
The plaintiffs — who have alleged that SAG and AFTRA have not made significant efforts to locate high-profile actors to pay the royalties and residuals — have named more than two dozen highly recognizable thesps as possible witnesses including Clooney, Portman and Timberlake.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- How Obama blurred the border between Hollywood and Washington (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 June 2015, 5:25 AM, PDT)
- Sofia Coppola exits the live action The Little Mermaid movie due to “creative differences” (From Flickeringmyth. 2 June 2015, 3:54 AM, PDT)
- Grandmas Play Hilarious Game Of ‘F–k, Marry, Kill’ In New Viral Video (From Uinterview. 1 June 2015, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- Jessica Biel Steps Out For the First Time Since Giving Birth (From Popsugar. 2 June 2015, 3:10 AM, PDT)
- Orlando Bloom forced to move by Taylor Swift (From National Ledger. 1 June 2015, 3:44 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Biel Debuts Super Slim Post-Baby Bod -- See the First Pics! (From TooFab. 30 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 20 Times Celebrities Absolutely Nailed It With Graduation Speeches (From Popsugar. 28 May 2015, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Natalie Portman Talks Hangovers and 'Dark Moments' During Harvard Class Day Speech (From TooFab. 28 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Natalie Portman Emphasizes the Power of Overconfidence and Inexperience in Harvard Graduation Speech (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 28 May 2015, 7:25 AM, PDT)