George Clooney, Natalie Portman and Justin Timberlake are among the potential witnesses listed by Ed Asner and the 15 other plaintiffs in the lawsuit against SAG-aftra over $130 million in unpaid funds.
Thursday’s serving of the witness list comes a week and half before an Oct. 7 hearing in federal court over the union’s motion for a dismissal of the suit, which alleges extensive misconduct by the union in how it has handled foreign royalties and residuals. SAG-aftra has repeatedly brushed off the suit’s allegations and insisted it has done nothing wrong.
The plaintiffs — who have alleged that SAG and AFTRA have not made significant efforts to locate high-profile actors to pay the royalties and residuals — have named more than two dozen highly recognizable thesps as possible witnesses including Clooney, Portman and Timberlake.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Q&A: ‘Sharknado 2′ Writer on Celebrity Cameos, Misunderstood Sharks (From Variety - TV News. 30 July 2014, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- The Snap: Clueless at Comic-Con (From Hitfix. 29 July 2014, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Jodie Foster to Direct George Clooney in Money Monster Thriller (From Worst Previews. 29 July 2014, 3:17 AM, PDT)
- Nick Jonas's Muscles Are the Star of His New Music Video (From BuzzSugar. 30 July 2014, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- *Nsync's New Album Is Your '90s Dream Come True (From BuzzSugar. 30 July 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- A New 'N Sync Album Was Just Released and Nobody Knew It Was Happening—Not Even 'N Sync! (From E! Online. 29 July 2014, 3:11 PM, PDT)
- Celebrities Who Are Smarter Than You Are (From VH1.com. 29 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- V for Vendetta (From Sky Movies. 29 July 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- 14 Reasons You Still Love Garden State (From BuzzSugar. 28 July 2014, 2:57 PM, PDT)