George Clooney, Natalie Portman and Justin Timberlake are among the potential witnesses listed by Ed Asner and the 15 other plaintiffs in the lawsuit against SAG-aftra over $130 million in unpaid funds.
Thursday’s serving of the witness list comes a week and half before an Oct. 7 hearing in federal court over the union’s motion for a dismissal of the suit, which alleges extensive misconduct by the union in how it has handled foreign royalties and residuals. SAG-aftra has repeatedly brushed off the suit’s allegations and insisted it has done nothing wrong.
The plaintiffs — who have alleged that SAG and AFTRA have not made significant efforts to locate high-profile actors to pay the royalties and residuals — have named more than two dozen highly recognizable thesps as possible witnesses including Clooney, Portman and Timberlake.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- New Venice Titles Leaked Ahead of Announcement (From AwardsDaily. 21 July 2017, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Third Cloverfield Movie Relocates To February As Paramount Reshuffles Slate (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Cloverfield 3 Moves to 2018; George Clooney’s Suburbicon Pushed Up (From Screen Rant. 21 July 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Celebrity Scoop: Chester Bennington's Death, Mindy's Baby Surprise Plus More of the Biggest News from Hollywood (From PEOPLE.com. 21 July 2017, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Who should host MTV Video Music Awards 2017: Ricky Gervais, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga …? [Poll] (From Gold Derby. 20 July 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- VMAs Promo Looks Ahead to the Future of MTV While Recalling the Network's Past (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 20 July 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Felicity Jones to Play Ruth Bader Ginsburg in Biopic + More Projects Announced (From Backstage. 21 July 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Darren Aronofsky Defends Hollywood to a Skeptical Alejandro Jodorowsky (From Indiewire. 20 July 2017, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Playback: Luc Besson on ‘Valerian’ and Finding Inspiration Outside of Movies (From Variety - Film News. 20 July 2017, 8:48 AM, PDT)