George Clooney, Natalie Portman and Justin Timberlake are among the potential witnesses listed by Ed Asner and the 15 other plaintiffs in the lawsuit against SAG-aftra over $130 million in unpaid funds.
Thursday’s serving of the witness list comes a week and half before an Oct. 7 hearing in federal court over the union’s motion for a dismissal of the suit, which alleges extensive misconduct by the union in how it has handled foreign royalties and residuals. SAG-aftra has repeatedly brushed off the suit’s allegations and insisted it has done nothing wrong.
The plaintiffs — who have alleged that SAG and AFTRA have not made significant efforts to locate high-profile actors to pay the royalties and residuals — have named more than two dozen highly recognizable thesps as possible witnesses including Clooney, Portman and Timberlake.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Anxiety On Sony Lot As Layoffs Coming Early Next Week (From Deadline New York. 14 March 2014, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Anxiety On Sony Lot As Layoffs Coming Early Next Week (From Deadline TV. 14 March 2014, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Gloria Steinem Praises Jennifer Aniston for Living the Way She Does (From PEOPLE.com. 14 March 2014, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Best Looks of the Week: Emma Watson's Open Back Gown, Emmy Rossum's Vera Wang Frock & More (From E! Online. 14 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Wins Billboard's 'Top Money Maker' List for 2014 (From National Ledger. 13 March 2014, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- DVD Review: ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Sings Again on DVD (From HollywoodChicago.com. 13 March 2014, 8:47 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2014: 15 films we'd like to see (From The Guardian - Film News. 14 March 2014, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Foreign Productions Dig Jerusalem Because of Mayor’s Film-Friendly Policies (From Variety - Film News. 14 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Rooney Mara Cast As Tiger Lily In ‘Pan’ (From LatinoReview. 13 March 2014, 10:58 AM, PDT)