George Clooney, Natalie Portman and Justin Timberlake are among the potential witnesses listed by Ed Asner and the 15 other plaintiffs in the lawsuit against SAG-aftra over $130 million in unpaid funds.
Thursday’s serving of the witness list comes a week and half before an Oct. 7 hearing in federal court over the union’s motion for a dismissal of the suit, which alleges extensive misconduct by the union in how it has handled foreign royalties and residuals. SAG-aftra has repeatedly brushed off the suit’s allegations and insisted it has done nothing wrong.
The plaintiffs — who have alleged that SAG and AFTRA have not made significant efforts to locate high-profile actors to pay the royalties and residuals — have named more than two dozen highly recognizable thesps as possible witnesses including Clooney, Portman and Timberlake.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- George Clooney May Marry Alam Amaluddin (From iCelebz. 21 July 2014, 10:39 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney Says He's "Marrying Up" With Fiancée Amal Alamuddin (From E! Online. 21 July 2014, 7:36 PM, PDT)
- First Look At The Hobbit: The Five Armies; Warner Bros. Pictures At Comic Con 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 July 2014, 5:46 PM, PDT)
- YouTube, TV Dancers Pop Into Dance Pic ‘Breaking Through’ (From Deadline New York. 21 July 2014, 5:12 PM, PDT)
- Meme: Neil Patrick Harris May Head To “Ahs: Freak Show,” Vikings Mike Priefer Suspended For Three Games Over Homophobic Comments, Ben Whishaw Is Paddington Bear (From The Backlot. 19 July 2014, 10:30 PM, PDT)
- 3 on 3: Did the Vma nominations do Beyonce right and Lady Gaga wrong? (From Hitfix. 18 July 2014, 8:09 PM, PDT)
- Video: Zach Braff tries to be a better man in 'Wish I Was Here' clip (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 22 July 2014, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- Priceless Advice From Stylist Kate Young That Will Cost You Almost Nothing (From Popsugar. 21 July 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Which Marvel movies pass the Bechdel Test? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 July 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)